Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi made available the MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 1S, Mi 2/2S, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3G and Redmi Note 4G, as well as three new devices, like the Mi 5, Mi Note 4G and the Redmi Note Prime. Obviously, the most surprising part is the availability for the Mi5, after Xiaomi initially suspended the update for this specific model.
MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM improvements
The new MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5, Mi Note 4G, and Redmi Note Prime, v 0.2.0 brings a couple of new and interesting features. Before installing it, you can check out the complete changelog below:
- System optimizations, including Sunlight display improvements
- New messaging sounds for delivered messages
- New status bar animation for successful Wi-Fi connection
- New floating notification format for incoming calls
- Separate sound and vibration permissions for notifications
- Fixed errors on Wi-Fi details page
- Improved accessibility for the homescreen
- Added landscape mode for Task manager
- Improved Task Manager stability
- Improved UI details in Task Manager
- Improved camera image quality
- Automatic adjustments for photos when sharing
- Ability to delete photos from the device only when browsing offline albums
- Saved and available Wi-Fi networks appear first in the list
- Improved order for frequently used settings in Calculator and Clock
- Fix for Quick ball disappearing in some cases
Ok, now we know what improvements MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5, Mi Note 4G, and Redmi Note Prime brings, so it’s clear that everybody who owns these specific models will want it.
Below you can find download links for the ROM, using both installation versions: flashing via Recovery or using Fastboot ROM.
Download MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5, Mi Note 4G, and Redmi Note Prime
MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5
MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Mi Note 4g
MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note Prime
How to Install MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5, Mi Note 4G, and Redmi Note Prime
After picking the ROM for your specific smartphone model, it’s time to install it. As mentioned above, there are two main methods of doing it, through TWRP Recovery or Fastboot.
You can find detailed instructions on how to do both by consulting our How To Install MIUI 8 Global ROM On Xiaomi Smartphones guide.
If you’re facing any issues during the installation process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.