After a long wait, Xiaomi has finally started rolling out the next stable version of MIUI 8, which is MIUI 220.127.116.11 for Redmi 4A (Global Market). So, if you are Redmi 4A owner, you can check the “Software Update” section for the OTA notification. Now, one thing to notice here is, OTA update takes time to reach to every corner, so there is a huge chance that your Redmi 4A wouldn’t show any OTA update available.
Now, in such case, you can download the update and install it manually on your device in few easy steps. Another thing you should know before going into the installation process, Xiaomi has already released the beta version of MIUI 9 for Redmi 4A, so if you prefer MIUI 9 over MIUI 8, you can directly install this MIUI 9 Global Beta version. But if you are a stable version fan, go with this MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable version.
MIUI 8.5.5 Features and Changelogs:
- The security issues and connection errors in MI Mover is now fixed.
- Display of emergency numbers wasn’t correct. Its now fixed.
- VoLTE issue is now fixed.
- The sound cracking issue during a video call is now fixed.
- Camera app issue is now solved.
- Several minor bug fixes.
- This ROM is specially designed for Redmi 4A, so do not try on other devices. You may end up damaging them.
- Changing ROM deletes your entire data, so take a full backup before proceeding.
- It has been advised to keep your battery level at least to 60% charged before starting the installation.
- Follow each and every step very carefully. We are not responsible for any type of mishappening to your device.
Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 for Redmi 4A:
Download MIUI 126.96.36.199 Recovery ROM for Redmi 4A – Download
Download MIUI 188.8.131.52 Fastboot ROM for Redmi 4A – Download
- First, make sure that your device is running on stable MIUI 7 or MIUI 8 (previous versions).
- Now, download the MIUI 184.108.40.206 for Redmi 4A (Recovery ROM) from the given link and transfer the file to device’s external storage.
- Once done, launch the “Updater” app on your device and click the “three dot” at the top-right corner for menu.
- From the options, click the “Choose Update Package” and select the Update file which you have saved in your device.
- The update will start. Wait for few minutes, until everything finishes up.
- Reboot your device and check if it runs on MIUI 220.127.116.11.
- First, download and install “Mi Flash Tool” on your PC.
- Once completing the first step, download the MIUI 18.104.22.168 for Redmi 4A (Fastboot ROM) from the given link.
- Now, boot your device in “Fastboot Mode” by pressing “Volume Down and Power Button” simultaneously.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Now, extract the update file (MIUI 22.214.171.124) which you have just downloaded and then copy the extracted folder’s path.
- Once done, open the Mi Flash Tool and paste the copied path at the place provided and then press “Refresh”. By pressing refresh, it will recognize and validate your device.
- Now, press “Flash”, which will start the installation process.
- Wait until everything finishes and then reboot to the MIUI 126.96.36.199.