Finally, Xiaomi is rolling out the much-awaited MIUI 22.214.171.124 for Mi 5/Pro and if you haven’t yet received the OTA update notification, go and check in “About Phone” section. However, one thing to notice here is, it takes few days and weeks for updates to reach in every corner, so depending on your region, you will receive update sooner or later. Now, if you can wait for some days, you will surely get the OTA notification.
But if you simply can’t wait to update your device, you can follow our steps and install the update manually on your device. Talking about the update, this MIUI 126.96.36.199 update brings all the MIUI 8.5 features, improvements and bug fixes. Another thing to notice here is, for Mi 5/Pro, MIUI 9 Beta Version is also available. So, if you want to check it out, you can surely install it manually. But remember it may have bugs as it is Beta Version.
MIUI 188.8.131.52 Changelogs/Added Features:
- New options to manage the content of the notification.
- New options to manage the autostart for multiple system apps
- New options to select the preferred time zone
- New and Improved CPU Allocation Strategy, which makes it more efficient
- Now, the recorded calls will be tagged in the call history
- Verification SMS will now be shown on lock screen only if user enters password
- New options to browse wallpapers
- When switching to mobile data, a network connection prompt will occur
- Several improvements in calendar app
- Several minor or major bug fixes
- This ROM is especially for Mi 5/Pro, so never try to install it on other devices.
- Installing this update won’t delete your device data, but still, for safer side, create a full backup.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery charged.
- Follow each and every installation step very carefully. We are not responsible for any type of mishappening.
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 For Mi 5/Pro:
MIUI 220.127.116.11 Recovery ROM for Mi 5/Pro – Download
MIUI 18.104.22.168 Fastboot ROM for Mi 5/Pro – Download
- Make sure that your device runs on Stable MIUI 7 or a previous version of MIUI 8.
- Now, download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Recovery ROM for Mi 5/Pro and transfer it to your device’s external storage.
- Now, GoTo The Link and follow the Installation Steps (Recovery Mode), from 3 to 5.
- If you have done everything correctly, you will notice that you have successfully installed MIUI 126.96.36.199 on your Mi 5/Pro.
- To start the installation process, the first thing you need to do is, download and install the “Mi Flash Tool” on your PC.
- Once done, download MIUI 188.8.131.52 Fastboot ROM for Mi 5/Pro and save anywhere on your PC.
- Now, GoTo The Link and follow the Installation Steps (Fastboot Mode), from 3 to 7.
- Upon completing every step, reboot it. You will now notice that your device runs on MIUI 184.108.40.206.