Xiaomi is slowly updating a lot of its devices to the latest MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM, the Redmi 4A being one of them. The update is, of course, a stable version and is now rolling out over the air. Since it’s an incremental update, rolling in a phase-wise manner, it will take a while until everybody will receive it, but you can also download and install MIUI 22.214.171.124 on Redmi 4A manually, just by following the guide below.
The update brings features initially introduced by Google’s Android 7.0 Nougat and it’s based on the latest EMUI 5.0, bringing several new features. To be more specific, you can find a full list with what you will get after installing MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 4A below.
New Features & Improvements
Lock-screen, Notification Bar, Status Bar
- You can now swipe in order to delete notifications
- UI adjustments for toggles have been introduced
- The Battery Saver toggle can be added to the Notification Shade
- Optimization for the Lock Screen PIN layout has been introduced
- The icons for USB charging and switching keyboards have been changed
- The floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode anymore
- Fix for the notification shade issues, during incoming calls
- Fix for the issue with the Wi-Fi page, resulting in the device freezing when it was opened for the first time
- Fix for all the notification shade issues
- Fix for the opacity issues, after using third party themes
- Fix for the issue now allowing the notification being removed by a swipe
- Fix for the landscape mode issues caused by third party themes
- The home screen settings have been added to the Settings menu
- Fix for the part of the UI for deleting apps, which wasn’t visible on light backgrounds
- Minor adjustments for all animations in the launcher
- You can now scan all the apps installed from other sources than Google Play
Please read the following aspects before starting, so you can avoid any issues during the installation:
- This method is just for the Redmi 4A. Don’t try it on other devices, since it won’t work and it may damage your phone.
- The updating process will delete the data on your phone, So take a full backup before starting the process.
- Please check your battery level and make sure it’s 50-60% charged, otherwise you might experience an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Follow the instructions in our guide carefully, making sure you don’t skip any steps.
Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 on Redmi 4A
You have two method when it comes to installing MIUI 184.108.40.206 on Redmi 4A: Recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM. Below, you can find download links for both of them:
Download MIUI 220.127.116.11 For Redmi 4A
After downloading upon one, simply follow the steps in our guide on how to install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi smartphones!
And you’re all done! If you encounter any issues during the process or have any other questions, feel free to contact us, by dropping a few words in the comments section below!