Xiaomi announced that the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 for Redmi Note 4, with a Snapdragon chip under the hood, is now rolling out. Of course, we’re talking about a phase-wise distribution, over the air, so you need to give them some time until the update reaches your phone as well.
The update brings all the new features of MIUI 8.2 and all Redmi Note 4 users will soon receive the update notification. However, if you’re not that patient, you can also install MIUI 18.104.22.168 on Redmi Note 4 manually, by following the few steps in our guide!
Before proceeding with the guide, please check manually and see if the update is already available for your phone, by going to Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update. If it’s not, follow the steps in the guide!
In order to avoid any complications or even bricking your phone during the process, please consider the following aspects:
- This method is just for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, with a Snapdragon chip. Don’t try it on another variant of the device or any other devices, since it won’t work.
- The process will fully erase the data on your phone, so it’s highly recommended to take a full backup of the phone, just for the safer side.
- Check your battery level and make sure it’s charged at least 50-60%, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow all the steps below correctly. Skipping any of them can damage your phone!
Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 on Redmi Note 4
When it comes to installing the latest MIUI update on a Xiaomi smartphone, you have two options: Recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM. However, you can install MIUI 126.96.36.199 ROM on Redmi Note 4 just using the Recovery ROM, since it’s the only one available for the moment.
In order to do this, you can download it, using the link below:
- MIUI 188.8.131.52 Update for Redmi Note 4 – Recovery ROM
After this, everything you need to do is follow the steps in our guide on how to install MIUI 8.2 on Xiaomi smartphones and you’re all good.
And this is it, you have installed MIUI 184.108.40.206 on Redmi Note 4 Smartphone. The process is relatively simple, but if you encounter any issues, contact us, using the comments section below!