If you own a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime and you’re looking forward to updating it to the latest Android version, then you’re in the perfect place! The latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Redmi 4 Prime is now beginning to roll out over the air, for selected users. That’s right, it should take a while before everybody will receive it, but don’t worry, you don’t need to wait!
The new MIUI 188.8.131.52 for Redmi 4 Prime is based on EMUI 5.0 OS and it has a total size of 1.5 GB. Users will receive an official notification once the update is ready for their handsets, but it can also be installed manually, by simply following the steps in the guide below.
Features & Improvements
Here you can find a complete list with all the new features brought by the update:
- Fix for the issue causing duplicate contacts to appear after multiple imports from the SIM card.
Lock-screen, Notification Bar, Status Bar
- The ability to swipe in order to delete Lock-screen notifications was introduced.
- UI adjustments for toggles were added.
- The battery save toggle can now be added to the notification shade.
- The lock-screen PIN layout was optimized.
- The icons for USB charging, as well as switching keyboards, were changed.
- Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode anymore.
- Fix for the notification shade issues appearing during incoming call floating notifications.
- Fix for the Wi-Fi page making the device freeze when powered on for the first time.
- Fix for other notification shade issues.
- Fix for the opacity issues, caused by using third party themes.
- Fix for the landscape mode issues, caused by third party themes.
- The home screen settings were added to the main Settings menu.
- Fix for the part of the UI for deleting apps which wasn’t visible on lighter background.
- Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher.
- Antivirus scans for the apps installed from unknown sources.
Before starting the installation, please read carefully the following aspects, in order to avoid any potential issues:
- This update is just for the Redmi 4 Prime. Don’t try installing it on another device, because it won’t work properly.
- All the data from your phone may be deleted, so it’s highly recommended to take a full backup, just for the safer side.
- Your phone’s battery level needs to be somewhere around 50-60%, otherwise you can deal with an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow the steps below correctly, making sure you don’t skip something!
Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 ROM on Redmi 4 Prime
The MIUI 220.127.116.11 ROM for Redmi 4 Prime can be installed using two methods: Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM. However, for the moment, only the first is available and can be downloaded below:
- MIUI 18.104.22.168 Update for Redmi 4 Prime – Recovery ROM
After downloading it, follow all the steps in our guide on how to install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi smartphones.
And this is it! You have successfully installed MIUI 22.214.171.124 on Redmi 4 Prime. If you have any questions, please contact us, using the comments section below!