Xiaomi’s latest flagship, the Mi 6, can now be uploaded to the latest software version, so if you want to download and install MIUI 188.8.131.52 on Mi 6, we have a good news for you: here you can find a download file for the OTA update, as well as a complete guide on how to install it.
MIUI 184.108.40.206 for Mi 6 is currently rolling out over the air and most users will receive the official notification update throughout the next days. However, if you don’t want to wait anymore, you can also install it manually. Everything you need to do is just follow the steps below and you should be ready in just a few minutes!
Before starting the update, please check for the update manually, by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for Update. If it’s not yet available, proceed with the guide.
Please consider the following recommendations, in order to avoid any unpleasant issues during the installation:
- This method works just for the Xiaomi Mi 6. Don’t try it on other model, since it can damage your phone or even brick it.
- The process may erase the data on your phone, so it’s advisable to take a full backup of the device, just for the safer side.
- Check your battery level and make sure it’s around 50-60%, so you can avoid an eventual accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Follow all the steps in the guide carefully, without skipping anything!
Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 ROM on Mi 6
The update can be installed just like on any other Xiaomi smartphone: through Fastboot ROM and Recovery ROM. You have download links for both variants below:
Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 For Mi 6
- MIUI 22.214.171.124 Recovery for Mi 6 – Download
- MIUI 126.96.36.199 Fastboot for Mi 6 – Download – Removed
After downloading the ROM of your choice, everything you need to do is follow the instructions in our guide on how to install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi smartphones.
This is how you can install MIUI 188.8.131.52 on Mi 6 in just a few minutes. If you have any other questions, please contact us, using the comments section.