A Good news for anybody who owns a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4x! The Chinese manufacturer just started rolling out the MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for the handset over the air and everybody should receive the official update notification pretty soon, enabling them to enjoy all the new features!
However, a lot of them don’t have the patience for this, but the good part is that we’ve put together a guide on how to install MIUI 22.214.171.124 on Redmi 4/4x, in just a few easy steps, so you don’t need to wait anymore.
New Features & Improvements
Below you can find a complete list with all the new features brought by the update:
Lock-screen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- You can now swipe in order to delete lock screen notifications
- New UI adjustments for toggles
- The battery saver toggle can now be added to the Notification shade
- Optimization for the lock screen PIN layout
- The icons for USB charging and switching keyboards have been optimized
- The floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode anymore
- Fix for the notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications
- Fix for the issues making the Wi-Fi page making the device freeze when it was opened for the first time
- Fix for all the notification shade issues
- Fix for the issues with opacity in case of a third party theme
- Fix for the issues not allowing the first notification to be removed by a swipe
- Fix for the landscape mode issues caused by third party themes
- The Home-screen settings were added to the Settings menu
- Fix for the part of the UI for deleting apps which wasn’t visible on light backgrounds
- Minor adjustments for the animations in the Launcher
- You can now scan the apps that weren’t installed from Google Play
Please take notice of the following aspects, in order to avoid any unpleasant situation during the installation process:
- This method is just for the Redmi Note 4/4x. Don’t try it on other models, since it won’t work!
- The update may erase all the data on your phone, so it’s highly recommended to take a full backup before starting, so you can avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure your battery level is around 50-60%, otherwise you risk experiencing an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the updating process.
- Please follow the instructions in the guide precisely, making sure you don’t skip any steps!
Install MIUI 126.96.36.199 on Redmi Note 4/4x
Since we’re talking about a Xiaomi smartphone, there are two methods through which you can install the update: Fastboot and Recovery. Below you can find the ROM variants for both of these:
Download MIUI 188.8.131.52 For Redmi Note 4/4x
- MIUI 184.108.40.206 Update for Redmi Note 4/4x – Recovery ROM
- MIUI 220.127.116.11 Update for Redmi Note 4/4x – Fastboot ROM
After downloading your ROM of choice, just follow the instructions in our How to install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi smartphones guide and you’re all good to go. You will see that everything is very easy, so you shouldn’t encounter any issues.
And this is it! You have successfully installed MIUI 18.104.22.168 on Redmi Note 4/4x. If you have any questions or get stuck somewhere during the process, please contact us, by dropping a few lines in the comments section below!