If you own a Xiaomi Redmi 4A, you should keep an eye on the notifications shade, since the latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM is currently rolling out. We’re talking about a stable version, which is being distributed over the air, in a phase wise manner, bringing several new features and improvements.
If you don’t want to wait until you receive the official update notification, you can also install MIUI 188.8.131.52 on Redmi 4A manually, by simply following the guide we’ve put together.
Features & Improvements
Lock screen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- Lock screen notifications can be deleted through a simple swipe
- UI adjustments for toggles have been introduced
- The battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade
- Optimization for the lock screen PIN layout
- The icons for USB charging, as well as switching keyboards have been changed
- The floating notifications won’t appear in Do Not Disturb mode
- Fix for the issues with the notification shade, during incoming call floating notifications
- The Wi-Fi pae won’t make the device freeze anymore, when it’s opened for the first time
- Fix for all the notification shade issues
- Fix for the issues with opacity, after using third party themes
- The first notification can now be removed with a single swipe
- Fix for the landscape mode issues, created by third party themes
- The home screen settings were added in the main Settings menu
- The part of the user interface for deleting apps is now visible on light backgrounds
- Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher were introduced
- You can now scan all the apps that aren’t downloaded from Google Play
Before starting the actual installation process, please make sure you respect the following aspects:
- This method works just for the Redmi 4A. Don’t try installing it on other devices, since it won’t work.
- The process itself may erase all the data on your phone, so it’s highly recommended to take a full backup of the phone, so you can avoid losing important stuff.
- Please make sure that the battery level is around 50-60%, otherwise you risk experiencing an accidental shutdown, in-between the process.
- Follow the steps in the guide below carefully, making sure you don’t skip any of them.
Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 on Redmi 4A
You can install the update in two ways: through Recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM, so it’s all up to you. Below you can find download links for both of them:
Download MIUI 220.127.116.11 For Redmi 4A
After this, simply follow the steps in our ‘How to Install MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi smartphone‘.
And this is it! You have successfully managed to install MIUI 18.104.22.168 on Redmi 4A. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!