Xiaomi has just made available the latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 for Redmi Note 4 (Global Stable ROM), bringing all the new features and improvements of MIUI 8. Currently, it’s rolling out over the air and has a total size of 1.2 GB.
Like always, users will receive a pop up notification as soon as it’s available for their phone, but if you can’t wait, you can also install it manually, using the instructions provided below.
Before proceeding with this guide, please check if the update is available for your phone already, by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for update.
Before installing the update, here’s a list with all the new things it brings:
- System optimizations – New ringtones and sound effects
- Lock-screen, Status Bar and Notification Bar optimizations – The earphones icons will no longer be displayed in the status bar after disconnecting them
- Camera optimizations – You can now switch for starting the camera using volume buttons
- New Settings – Privacy protection passwords are now available
- Fix – You can now use fingerprint payments in Alipay
- Fix – No more scrolling screenshots issues
Here are a few aspects you should consider, in order to avoid any issues:
- This update is just for the Redmi Note 4, so don’t install it on another device. It won’t work.
- The updating process may erase your data, so it’s advisable to perform a full backup, for the safer side.
- Make sure that the battery level is around 50-60% before starting, otherwise you risk experiencing an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the instructions below carefully and don’t skip any steps, since you can brick your phone.
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 For Redmi Note 4 – Global Stable ROM
Download MIUI 220.127.116.11 Recovery ROM For Redmi Note 4 – Download
Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Fast-boot ROM For Redmi Note 4 – Download
Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 On Redmi Note 4 – Global Stable ROM
Step 1: Download the MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Redmi Note 4 and save it on your phone.
Step 2: Launch the Updater app from your phone.
Step 3: Click on the three-dot menu from the top-right corner and select the “Choose Update Package” option. Select the MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM file.
Step 4: Wait until the process is completed and your phone reboots.
Fast boot Mode
Step 1: Download Mi Flash Tool, and install it on your PC.
Step 2: Download the MIUI 184.108.40.206 Fast-boot ROM, using the link above.
Step 3: Boot your device into Fast-boot mode by turning it off, then pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power button.
Step 4: Connect your phone to your PC, through a microUSB cable.
Step 5: Extract the Fast-boot ROM and copy the path on the PC.
Step 6: Open Mi Flash Tool and paste the path in the address bar. Then, hit ‘Refresh’, followed by ‘Flash’.
Step 7: Wait until the process is completed. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes. After it’s done, your phone will boot to the latest MIUI version, 220.127.116.11.
And this it, folks! You have successfully managed to install MIUI 18.104.22.168 on Redmi Note 4. If you have any questions about the whole process or encounter any issues, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.