Xiaomi has just made available the latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Redmi Note 4 (Global Stable ROM), bringing all the new features and improvements of MIUI 8. Currently, it’s rolling out over the air and has a total size of 1.2 GB.
Like always, users will receive a pop up notification as soon as it’s available for their phone, but if you can’t wait, you can also install it manually, using the instructions provided below.
Before proceeding with this guide, please check if the update is available for your phone already, by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for update.
Before installing the update, here’s a list with all the new things it brings:
- System optimizations – New ringtones and sound effects
- Lock-screen, Status Bar and Notification Bar optimizations – The earphones icons will no longer be displayed in the status bar after disconnecting them
- Camera optimizations – You can now switch for starting the camera using volume buttons
- New Settings – Privacy protection passwords are now available
- Fix – You can now use fingerprint payments in Alipay
- Fix – No more scrolling screenshots issues
Here are a few aspects you should consider, in order to avoid any issues:
- This update is just for the Redmi Note 4, so don’t install it on another device. It won’t work.
- The updating process may erase your data, so it’s advisable to perform a full backup, for the safer side.
- Make sure that the battery level is around 50-60% before starting, otherwise you risk experiencing an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the instructions below carefully and don’t skip any steps, since you can brick your phone.
Download MIUI 188.8.131.52 For Redmi Note 4 – Global Stable ROM
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Recovery ROM For Redmi Note 4 – Download
Download MIUI 220.127.116.11 Fast-boot ROM For Redmi Note 4 – Download
Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 On Redmi Note 4 – Global Stable ROM
And this it, folks! You have successfully managed to install MIUI 22.214.171.124 on Redmi Note 4. If you have any questions about the whole process or encounter any issues, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.