Recently, the Chinese manufacturer started rolling out the latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 for Xiaomi Mi5 (Global Stable ROM) over the air, designed to fix a couple of issues of the handset.
Shortly, users will begin receiving the update notification and they will be able to install it. We’re talking about a beta stable version, of course, as the final one is still under development.
If you want to see if it’s available for your phone, you can go to Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update.
However, if you don’t want to wait for the notification and install MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Xiaomi Mi5 (Global Stable ROM), you can also do it manually, using our quick guide, presented below.
Before proceeding to the update, here are all the new features you will enjoy:
- Themes Fix – The default theme won’t be restored automatically anymore
- Weather Fix – Weather info wasn’t fully shown in some cases (09-19)
- Fix – The screen was locking while playing videos
- Fix – In some cases, the screenshots couldn’t be viewed
- Fix – If using smart covers, incoming calls were silenced
Warnings & Requirements
Before installing MIUI 188.8.131.52 for Xiaomi Mi5 (Global Stable ROM), here are a few aspects you should consider:
- This ROM is just for the Xiaomi Mi5. Don’t try installing it on another device, as it won’t work.
- The updating process might delete all your data, so, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation, make sure you perform a full backup of your phone before starting.
- Check your battery level! You need at least 50% before starting, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Be careful to follow all the steps above, so you can avoid the risk of bricking your phone.
Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 For Xiaomi Mi5
There are two methods of installing MIUI 220.127.116.11: Recovery Mode and Fast boot Mode. After deciding upon which one you’re going to use, download the specific ROM and save it on your device. You can find them below:
After this, follow the instructions from our guide: Install MIUI 8 Global ROM On Xiaomi Smartphones
And this is how you install the MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM on your Xiaomi Mi5. If you have any questions or face any issues during the installation process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!