If you own a Huawei P9 Lite and want to update it, now’s your chance, as the Marshmallow 6.0 firmware B151 for the handset, based on the latest EMUI 4.1 OS was released, packing the latest features and improvements.
Before moving on to the actual installation process, let’s find out all the details about the official Marshmallow firmware B151 for Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31).
- Device – Huawei P9 Lite
- Model – VNS-L31
- Android Version – 6.0
- EMUI Version – 4.1
- Firmware – B151
- Build Number – VNS L31C432B151
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.66 GB
Warnings & Requirements
If you’ve decided to install the Marshmallow 6.0 firmware for Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31, there are a few details which you should consider before starting the process!
- This firmware is just for the Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31, so don’t try installing it on other devices, as it won’t work.
- In order to install it, your phone needs to be on stock recovery and stock firmware, of course.
- It is advisable to perform a full backup of your date before starting, in order to avoid losing all your date.
- Make sure you have a battery level of above 60%, but our recommendation is to start with a fully charged battery, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the steps below correctly, otherwise you risk bricking your phone.
Download Marshmallow ( B151) For Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31)
Install Marshmallow 6.0 Firmware On Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31)
Step 1: Download the Marshmallow 6.0 ROM for Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 and save it on your phone, then extract it.
Step 2: On your microSD card, create a dload folder and place the update.app file (after extracting) in this folder.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Update and tap the menu button.
Step 4: Select Local update.
Step 5: You will see the update.app file. Tap on it, in order to begin the installation process, which should take around 10 minutes.
Step 6: Reboot your phone.
Step 1: Download the firmware using the link above and save it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and put the update.app file there.
Step 3: Turn off your phone.
Step 4: Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button. This will make the updating process start automatically.
Step 5: Wait for about 10 minutes, in order to complete the updating process.
That’s it, you have successfully installed the Marshmallow 6.0 firmware on Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31. Like always, the comments section is open, so if you have any questions or encounter issues, feel free to drop us a few lines!