As we all know that Google has officially released Android Oreo (Android 8.0) but still, there is no device currently (other than Google devices) running Android Oreo or getting OTA update. But surely, people are eager to taste the new operating system. Well, if you are the one (who also has Redmi Note 4), then surely you will enjoy it by installing LineageOS 15 on the Redmi Note 4, which is based on Android Oreo.
Now, one thing to notice here is, Redmi Note 4 has recently got official Android Nougat OTA update. Yet few devices are running on Android Marshmallow and waiting for the OTA update. So, if you are an owner of Redmi Note 4 and wants to taste Android Oreo features, then surely you can follow the below steps to download and install LineageOS 15 on Redmi Note 4.
LineageOS is one of the most stable open source custom ROM among the Android Community and the developers of LineageOS are working really hard to develop LineageOS 15 for many smartphones. Recently, they have readied the OS for Redmi Note 4. Still, you may face some lag or bugs while using it.
As far as features are concerned, this LineageOS 15 has almost every feature of Android Oreo, be it picture-in-picture mode or colorful notification dots. However, the OS has its own features as well like Privacy Guard, App Protection, Live Display and much more.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- This Custom OS is specifically designed for Redmi Note 4, hence do not try installing on other devices.
- The OS is still in developing stage, it may have some bugs.
- The installation will erase all your data, so take a backup first to avoid any mishappening.
- Ensure your phone is at least 60% charge.
- Follow the below steps correctly otherwise you may end up damaging your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
Download LineageOS 15 For Redmi Note 4:
- The first thing you have to do is, download and install a custom recovery. If you already have one, skip this step and go to the second step. Here we will go with TWRP recovery.
- Download the LineageOS 15 and Gapps from the above section, and transfer the files to your Redmi Note 4 device.
- Once done, boot your device in Recovery Mode.
- Now, create a Nandroid Backup (Not Necessary but Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Once done, you have to do Factory Reset. Go to Wipe>Advanced Wipe and Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data. Swipe to confirm it.
- Now, navigate to the LineageOS 15’s zip file and swipe to Install.
- Once the installation process completes, flash the Gapps zip file.
- Once everything is done, you have to wipe cache & Dalvik cache. After wiping, reboot your device.
- That’s it. Your device now runs on LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo.
Enjoy LineageOS 15 on Redmi Note 4.