If you own a Huawei P8 Lite and want to try the new LineageOS 14.1 ROM, then you’re in the right place, as we’ve put together a short guide on how to install it manually. However, it’s worth mentioning that this is an unofficial build, including a few bugs, so you might as well think twice before using it on your daily driver.
LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite basically continues CyanogenMod’s ‘mission’ and, in order to install it, you need to have a custom TWRP Recovery on your phone. After updating your phone, you will be able to enjoy all Android 7.0 nougat features, as well as some exclusive LineageOS ones, like LiveDisplay, Privacy Guard, Protected App and many others.
As mentioned above, this is an unofficial build, so a couple of features are missing, as it follows:
- Video recording is not working
- The second SIM slot doesn’t receive signal
- The GPS and NFC aren’t working either
- The Hardware Composer HAL is disabled
- Overall Stability is not the best
However, all these will be fixed in time, through various updates.
Please consider the following aspects before starting the installation, in order to avoid any issues or damaging your phone:
- The ROM you’re about to install works just for the Huawei P8 Lite only, so don’t try it on other devices.
- It’s an alpha build, so don’t be surprised if you encounter any bugs.
- The process will completely erase the data on your phone, so we strongly recommend taking a complete backup and just then proceed.
- Check the battery level! It needs to be around 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in-between the process.
- Follow the steps below correctly, making sure you don’t skip any of them.
Download LineageOS 14.1 ROM For Huawei P8 Lite
LinageOS 14.1 ROM For P8 Lite – Download
Download Gapps – Download
Install LineageOS 14.1 on Huawei P8 Lite
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery on your P8 Lite. This step can be skipped if you already have one on your phone.
Step 2: Download LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite file from above, and save the ROM on your device.
Step 3: Download the Google Apps package from above and save it on your device as well.
Step 4: Boot the phone into Recovery mode.
Step 5: Enter TWRP and create a Nandroid backup, just in case something goes wrong.
Step 6: Perform a Factory Reset, by going to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and selecting Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data, then swipe in order to confirm this.
Step 7: Go to Install and locate the ROM file, then swipe in order to begin the installation process. This will take around 10 minutes.
Step 8: Repeat the step above for the Google Apps.
Step 9: From the Advanced Wipe menu, wipe just the cache and the Dalvik cache.
Step 10: Reboot the phone.
And you’re done! This is how you can successfully install LineageOS 14.1 on Huawei P8 Lite. Once again, remember that this isn’t a stable version, so it won’t work perfectly! Also, if you encounter any issues, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.