OnePlus 3 and 3T are two most advanced and popular devices of last year and it is believed that these both devices would get Android Oreo update officially from the company. Some sources have recently cleared that few devices (only beta users) have already received the OTA update. However, if it has started, then the company would surely roll out final OTA update for all the devices by the end of the year.
Now, if you are those type of user who wants to taste the Android Oreo features as soon as possible, then surely you can go with the Lineage OS 15, which is a custom ROM based on Android 8.0. This Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus 3 and 3T is shared by well known XDA developer, akhilnarang.
According to the details, this ROM is very much stable for normal uses, however, it contains some bugs and some of its features don’t work. Now, these issues will be sorted out via future updates/upgrades. The ROM comes with almost all the features of Android Oreo, be it notification dots or the picture-in-picture mode. So, you can surely give a try by installing this ROM on your OnePlus 3 and 3T.
- To change the ROM, you require root access.
- This Lineage OS 15 is designed especially for OnePlus 3 and 3T, so never try to install on other devices. You may end up damaging your device.
- This ROM is built on Android 8.0, so it contains almost every feature of it, however, it may contain some bugs.
- Changing the ROM of the device deletes all the data, so it is mandatory to create a backup first.
- Make sure that your device is at least 60% charged before going into the installation process.
- Make sure, you are following each and every step carefully. We are not responsible for any kind of mishappening.
Features Don’t Work / Have Some Issues:
- Features related to Bluetooth
- Notification Alert Slider (will be added soon)
- Offline Gestures (will be added soon)
Download Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Download Lineage OS 15 – Download
- Download GApps – Download
- Download Magisk (completely optional) – Download
- At first, you need to install a custom recovery on your device. If you already have one, you can skip this step. Here, we are using TWRP custom recovery.
- Download all the files from the links mentioned above – Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus 3 and 3T, GApps for this ROM and Magisk (optional) and transfer them into external storage of the device.
- Once done, go to the link and follow step 3rd and 4th. Here, you have to skip step 5th and 6th and again follow from 7th to 11th.
- Congratulations, you have successfully installed Lineage OS 15 based on Android 8.0 on your device. Check the same by going to Setting > About Phone.
Enjoy amazing features of Android 8.0 on OnePlus 3 and 3T.