OnePlus 2 was one among few phones launched in 2015 which got 4GB RAM and at that time, this phone was really very popular. However, the company then launched OnePlus 3, 3T and now OnePlus 5 and almost forgot the older devices like OnePlus X and OnePlus 2. However, the sad part is, the device still runs on Android Marshmallow and for some users, Android Lolipop, which is very much outdated.
Now, in the era of Android Oreo (Android 8.0), if you want to taste the latest features on the same device, then you have to change the ROM to Lineage OS 15, which is based on Android 8.0. Well, the Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus 2 is shared by a well known XDA developer Shreesha.Murthy.
According to the details, the ROM is built on Android 8.0 and hence it includes almost all the features, be it picture-in-picture mode or the most popular notification dots. However, it has also been cleared that the ROM might have some bugs, which may cause some unnecessary lags. Overall, the ROM works quite smooth for a normal user and you can give it a chance if you want to taste Android 8.0 features on OnePlus 2.
- Root access is required to install this ROM.
- This ROM is only designed for OnePlus 2 and hence trying on other devices would be dangerous.
- This ROM is built on Android 8.0, so it has all almost the features of Android Oreo. However, there might be some bugs, which may cause some problems.
- Installing a new ROM on a device deletes all its data, hence it is advised to create a backup before going to the installation process.
- Make sure that the device (on which you are aiming to install this ROM) has at least 60% charge.
- You must follow each and every step very carefully to avoid any damage. We are not responsible for any kind of mishappening.
Things don’t work/have some issues:
- Offline Gestures don’t work
- Camera doesn’t work
- Notification Alert Slider doesn’t work
Download Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus 2
- Download Lineage OS 15 for One Plus 2 – Download
- Download GApps – Download
- Download Magisk (optional) – Download
- The first thing you need to install this ROM is custom recovery. Download and Install on your device if you don’t have already. Here, we are using TWRP custom recovery.
- Secondly, download all the above-mentioned files from the links given – Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus 2, GApps and Magisk (optional) and transfer them to device’s external storage.
- Now, go to the link and follow the Installation Process step 3rd to 4th. Skip the 5th and 6th step and again follow from 7th to 11th step.
- Once completing everything. Go to the Settings Menu of your device, click on the “About Phone” and check if your device runs on “Lineage OS 15”.
Enjoy Android 8.0 features on One Plus 2.