Moto G4 Plus was the first device from Motorola to have a fingerprint sensor and trust me, it was one of the finest device launched in 2016. But the sad part is, this device won’t get Android Oreo update. Actually, Motorola has recently released the list of smartphones which will get Android Oreo OTA update and the Moto G4 Plus isn’t on the list.
Now, if you still want to enjoy the features of Android Oreo on your Moto G4 Plus, you can surely go with Lineage OS 15 for Moto G4 Plus, as it is a custom ROM based on Android Oreo. This custom ROM has been shared by the well-reputed XDA developer, rahulsnair. According to the details, the ROM has almost every feature of Android Oreo including the very famous picture-in-picture mode or the notifications dots.
Now, one thing to notice here is, there are few features which don’t work in this ROM, however, these features will be added via future updates/upgrades. Another thing which is very important about this ROM is, there may be some bugs and hence you can experience some lags/failures while using it, but again these issues will be sorted out via future updates.
- Installing this ROM requires root access, so if you are not ready for that, don’t go ahead.
- This Lineage OS 15 is specially designed for Moto G4 Plus, hence do not try installing on other devices, you may end up damaging your device.
- This ROM is very much stable, but still, you may experience some bugs.
- Installing this ROM on device deletes the entire data, so it is advised to create a full backup before going into installations.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery charged.
- Follow each and every installation step very carefully. We are not responsible for any type mishappening to your device.
Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto G4 Plus
- The first thing you require is a custom recovery on your device. Download and install any custom recovery of your choice. Skip this step, if you already have one. Here, we are using TWRP custom recovery.
- Once installing custom ROM, you have to now download the necessary files – Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto G4 Plus, GApps, and Magisk from the given links and then transfer all the files to the device’s external storage.
- Now, Go To The Link and follow the step 3rd and 4th. Now, skip the step 5th and 6th and again start following from 7th to 11th.
- Once following every step very carefully, go and check your device’s “About Phone” section to verify if it runs on Lineage OS 15.
Enjoy Android Oreo features on your Moto G4 Plus.