Google has already released the Android 8.0 Oreo officially and we are eager to taste its features but the sad part is, many current devices won’t receive Android 8.0 OTA update. So, at this point, most of us either opt to buy a new device, which will get Android Oreo update or go with a custom ROM, which has almost all the feature of Android Oreo.
Now, if you are a Moto G 2015 variant or Moto G3 owner and want to taste Android 8.0 features, then surely you can go with the custom ROM. Here, we have brought Lineage OS 15 (custom ROM), which is based on Android Oreo and has almost all the features of it. This Lineage OS 15 for Moto G 2015 is released by well known XDA developer, Alberto97.
According to the details, the ROM has many Android Oreo features like picture-in-picture mode and notification dots but the sad part is, it may contain some bugs. However, for a normal user, the ROM is fluent enough without any major lag. Still, there are few features which don’t work in this ROM, like camera or VoLTE.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- This ROM is specially designed for the Moto G 2015 variant, also known as Moto G3. So, don’t try installing the ROM on other devices. It may damage them.
- This ROM is based on Android Oreo and may contain some bugs.
- Changing ROM deletes all the data of the device, hence it is mandatory to create a backup file of all your data.
- Make sure that your device is at least 60 percent charged. If not, charge it first before going into the installation process.
- Follow each and every step of installation very carefully. We don’t take responsibility for any damage to your device.
Features Won’t Work or Have Issues:
Though many features work, there are few which don’t work in the ROM and the list is below:-
- VoLTE – Not implemented as of now.
- Permissive SELinux
Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto G 2015 or Moto G3
- Download Lineage OS 15 – Download
- Download Lineage OS 15’s GApps – Download
- Download Magisk (optional) – Download
- Download and install any custom recovery to your device. If your device has it already, skip to step 2. We are here using TWRP custom recovery.
- Download all the zip files – Lineage OS 15 for Moto G3, GApps and Magisk and transfer them into device’s external storage.
- Now, start the installation by booting your device into recovery mode. To get into recovery mode, press Volume Down and Power button simultaneously, after switching the device off.
- Now, you are recovery mode, in TWRP, you are advised to create a NANdroid backup, in case anything goes wrong while installation.
- Once done, reboot to bootloader.
- Now, flash Vendor Image file and then reboot again to Recovery mode.
- Now, you have to do the factory reset your device, to wipe your all present data. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and Data and confirm the selection by swiping.
- Once done, navigate to the Lineage OS 15 zip file and start the installation by swiping. Once the installation is completed, flash the GApps zip file.
- Now, you can also flash Magisk zip file, if you want. This step is completely optional.
- Again go to Advanced Wipe and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache again.
- Once done, reboot your device.
Enjoy Android Oreo on Moto G3 (2015).