If you are an owner of Moto G 2013 variant, you can install a custom ROM. Well, here we have come up with Lineage OS 15 (for Moto G 2013), which is based on Android Oreo features.
As of now, we know that the Android 8.0 update is only available for Google devices like Nexus and Pixel devices. But thanks to the XDA developers, who come up with such custom ROMs for those who are unable to taste latest OS officially. Now, this Lineage OS 15 is specially designed for the Moto G 2013. If you want this custom ROM for some other device, please search it on Google or on their official website.
As we already discussed that this ROM is based on Android 8.0 features and hence it has picture-in-picture mode, more smooth notification center, notification dots and many other features. However, it has been said that the ROM may contain some bugs, but still, it is stable and smooth enough for daily use without any major lags.
Things to Keep in Mind
- This ROM is just for Moto G 2013, so don’t try installing it on other devices. If you do, you may end up damaging your device.
- The ROM is very much stable but still, it may contain some bugs.
- Installing a new ROM deletes all your device’s data, so it’s better to create a backup first.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery. If not, then please charge it before going into the installation process.
- Follow each and every step very carefully otherwise you may end up damaging your device. We are not responsible for any damage happened to your phone during/after installation.
Features won’t work or have issues:
Though this OS is very much stable, still few features won’t work. Here is the list of features that won’t work:-
- Sensors (Few sensors may work)
- SELinux is permissive
Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto G 2013
- Download Lineage OS 15 ROM – Download
- Download Lineage OS 15 GApps – Download
- Download Magisk – Download
- Download and Install any custom recovery on your device. If you already have one, you can ignore this step and move to next one. Here, we are using “TWRP Custom Recovery”.
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto G 2013 and its GApps and transfer into device’s external storage.
- Now, you have to boot your device in recovery mode. To boot up in recovery mode, you need to press Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously after switching the device off.
- Once entering in recovery mode, in TWRP, you are advised to create a NANdroid backup for the safe side of course.
- Once done, reboot to bootloader.
- Now, flash Vendor image file and then reboot again to Recovery mode.
- Now, you have to factory reset your device, which will wipe your all present data. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and Data and confirm the selection by swiping.
- Once done, navigate to the Lineage OS 15 zip file and start the installation by swiping. Once the installation is completed, flash the GApps zip file.
- Now, you can also flash Magisk zip file, if required. This step is completely optional.
- Again go to Advanced Wipe and wipe cache and Dalvik cache again.
- Reboot and you have your Moto G running on Lineage OS 15 based on Android 8.0.
Enjoy Android 8.0 on Moto G 2013.