Moto E 2015 (Second Generation) was the first device to have LTE support in the similar price bracket. The device was launched with Android Lollipop, which later got official update of Android Marshmallow. Sadly, there was no update of Android Nougat for the device. However, you can now enjoy Android 8.0 features on your Moto E 2015, just by installing Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015.
This Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015 is shared by a well known senior XDA developer, ElDainosor. According to the details, it has been said that he ROM is very much stable for normal uses, however, it may contain some bugs, which will be solved in future updates/upgrades. There are few features, which don’t work in this Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015.
This Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015 contains almost all the features of Android Oreo and can be seen as a good replacement of official Android Oreo update. Major features like picture-in-picture mode and notification dots make this ROM more interesting. Check below to understand the requirements and the how to install this ROM on Moto E 2015.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Installation:
- Changing ROM require root access to your device.
- This Lineage OS 15 is built specially for Moto E 2015 and hence do not try on other devices and the consequence might be dangerous.
- This ROM is built on Android 8.0 and may contain some bugs.
- Changing ROM deletes entire data of the device, hence create a full backup first.
- Make sure to have at least 60% battery on the device before starting the installation process.
- Follow each and every step very carefully. We are not responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Things don’t work/ have issues:
- Camera doesn’t work
- VoLTE currently does not work. Will be added later
- Permissive SELinux
Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015
- Download Lineage OS 15 – Download
- Download Lineage OS 15’s GApps – Download
- Download Magisk (optional) – Download
- First, you need to install a custom recovery on your device. If you already have one, ignore this step. Here, we are using TWRP custom recovery.
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto E 2015, GApps File and Magisk and transfer all the files to the external storage of the device.
- Now, go to this link and follow Installation Process > Step 3 and 4. Now, skip the Step 5 and 6 and again follow from Step 7 to Step 11.
- If everything goes right, you have now installed Lineage OS 15 on your Moto E 2015. Go to Settings > About Phone and check the same.
Enjoy Android 8.0 features on Moto E 2015.