Xiaomi Mi 4i became very popular device when it got launched back in 2015, however, the company didn’t roll out Android Marshmallow or Android Nougat update for the device. Well, the device still runs on Android Lolipop, which is really an outdated version of Android. But now, we have a good news for you, you can still enjoy Android Oreo features on the same device.
Well, you have to install Lineage OS 15 on Mi 4i, which is a custom ROM, on your device and enjoy the features of Android Oreo including the picture-in-picture mode or the notification dots. Now, this Lineage OS 15 for Mi 4i is shared by a senior XDA member, Shrukul. According to the details, the ROM is very much stable, but still, you may get to feel some bugs, which will be removed via future updates/upgrades.
Another major thing to notice here is, this ROM has few features missing in it and the developer has cleared that these missing features will be added again via future updates/upgrades. Apart from few issues, this ROM is perfectly stable and ready to use. Install this ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 4i by following the installation process, mentioned below.
- Installing any ROM to a device requires root access, so if you are ready to that, then only proceed.
- This ROM is specially designed for Xiaomi Mi 4i, so do not try installing on other devices, you may end up damaging your devices.
- This ROM is very much stable but still, you may feel some lags or other minor issues because of bugs.
- Make sure that your device is at least 60% charged before starting the installation process.
- Follow each and every installation process very carefully. We are not responsible for any type of mishappening.
Features don’t work/ have issues:
- Hotspot doesn’t work
- SELinux is permissive
Download Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 4i:
- The first thing you need to do is, install a custom recovery on your Mi 4i. If you already have one, skip this step. Here, we are using TWRP custom recovery.
- Now, the second step is to download all the necessary files – the Lineage OS 15 for Mi 4i, GApps, and the Magisk and transfer all of them to the device’s external storage.
- Now, Go To the Link and follow the installation process from step 3 to 4. Now, you have to skip the step 5 and 6 and then again follow from step 7 to 11.
- If you have followed every step carefully, then you would notice that your device now runs on Lineage OS 15. Verify by going “About Phone” of your device.
Enjoy Android Oreo features on your Xiaomi Mi 4i.