Xiaomi Mi 4C was one of the best selling phones of its time and all because of its amazing specifications and price segment. However, with time, it lost its glory because of lack of “software updates”. Luckily, we have XDA developers working for us, who build custom ROMs for such devices and hence we get to taste the latest features.
Here, we are talking about the Lineage OS 15 based on Android 8.0 for Xiaomi Mi 4C, which is basically shared by Cozzmy13, a senior developer at XDA. According to the details, this ROM is very much stable for a normal user, however, it may contain some bugs, so users may feel lags while using it.
As far as features are concerned, the ROM has almost every Android Oreo feature, be it picture-in-picture mode or notification dots. However, it has also been said that some features might be missing from this ROM, but those will be added later via update/upgrade.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- To install this ROM, you need root access to your device. So, proceed only if you want to root.
- This ROM is designed especially for the Xiaomi Mi 4C, so don’t try installing on other devices. It may damage them.
- This ROM is built on Android 8.0, so it has almost all the features of Android Oreo. However, it may contain some bugs, causing some unnecessary lags.
- Make sure that your device is at least 60 percent charged before going into the installation process.
- Changing ROM always deletes all the data from the device, so always take a backup of all your data.
- To get into recovery mode, you will have to press “Volume Down Key + Power Button” after switching your device off.
- You must follow each and every step very carefully to avoid any mishappening. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Download Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 4C:
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Mi 4C – Download
- Download GApps – Download
- Download Magisk (optional) – Download
- First, you need custom recovery in the device. Download and install any custom recovery program of your choice. Here, we will use TWRP custom recovery.
- Download all the files from above links – Lineage OS 15, GApps and Magisk (optional) and transfer them to external storage of your device.
- Now, Go to the link and follow the installation process steps from 3 to 7 in order to install this Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 4C and GApps on your device.
- Once done, flash the Magisk file. This step is completely optional.
- Now, everything is set and you need to wipe cache and Dalvik cache, one last time. Go to Advanced Wipe and wipe these two caches by selecting them.
- After wiping, you must reboot your device. Now, go to the settings menu and check the “About Phone” section to find if your device runs on Lineage OS 15.
Enjoy features of Android 8.0 on Xiaomi Mi 4C.