HTC One M8 was another high-end device launched in 2014, but sadly the company stopped releasing update after Android Marshmallow. However, if you still have this device and want to enjoy Android Oreo features on it, then surely you can install Lineage OS 15 on HTC One M8 manually, which is a custom ROM based on Android Oreo.
This Lineage OS 15 for HTC One M8 has been shared by a well-known XDA developer, bgcngm. According to the details, the ROM is built on Android 8.0 and hence contains all the features of the Android Oreo, be it picture-in-picture mode or the notification dots. However, the details also suggest that the ROM may contain some bugs and may have some features missings.
Now, if you still want to taste the latest Android Oreo on your HTC One M8, you can download the ROM from the given links and then install manually following the steps, which have been mentioned below.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Installing:
- To install this ROM on HTC One M8, you need root access to your device.
- This ROM is specially built for HTC One M8, hence trying to install on some other devices will be dangerous.
- This ROM is built on Android Oreo, however, it may contain bugs. In future updates/upgrades, these problems will be sorted out.
- Changing ROM will delete entire data of your device, please take a full backup before proceeding.
- Camera and the flashlight won’t work in ROM.
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged before starting the installation process.
- Follow each and every step very carefully. We are not responsible for any type of mishappening with your device.
Download Lineage OS 15 for HTC One M8:
- Download Lineage OS 15 for HTC One M8 – Download (Single SIM)
- Download Lineage OS 15 for HTC One M8 – Download (Dual SIM )
- Download GApps for the ROM – Download
- Download Magisk – Download
- The first thing you need to install in your device is a custom recovery. If you already have one, skip this step. Here, in our case, we are using TWRP custom recovery.
- Download all the necessary files, Lineage OS 15 Zip File, GApps and Magisk from the links given and transfer them to the device’s external storage.
- Now, go to the link and follow step 3rd and 4th. And then skip step 5th and 6th and again follow from 7th to 11th.
- Once rebooting, you will notice that your device now runs on Lineage OS 15 which is based on Android 8.0. Just to check, go to Settings > About Phones and see if the Lineage OS is installed or not.
Enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo features on your HTC One M8.