Samsung Galaxy S5, one of the best phone launched in 2014 but the sad part is, the company stopped releasing firmware updates after Marshmallow. Now, if you still want to enjoy Android Oreo features on the same device, then you have the only option, which is custom ROM. Well, here we are talking about Lineage OS 15 for Galaxy S5, which is based on Android Oreo.
Talking about this Lineage OS 15, this ROM is originally shared by a well-known XDA developer, afaneh92. According to the details, the ROM contains all the features of Android Oreo except for few, which will be added later via future updates/upgrades. Now, the ROM is stable enough for normal uses, but still, users may face some bugs or lags, which will also get sorted via future updates.
Features which don’t work/have some issues:
- Home Button (Wake up screen doesn’t work)
- Camera and flash don’t work
- Bluetooth is disabled but will be enabled via updates
- Few more features
- The ROM is designed for Galaxy S5, hence do not try to install on other devices. You may end up damaging those devices.
- This ROM is built on Android Oreo and may contain bugs.
- Changing ROM deletes entire device’s data, so make sure to create a full backup before proceeding.
- Make sure that your device is at least 60% charged.
- Follow each and every installation step very carefully. We are not responsible for any type of mishappening.
Download Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy S5:
- You require a custom recovery on your device. If you already have one, skip this step and go to the second step. Here, we are using TWRP custom recovery.
- Now, download Lineage OS 15 for Galaxy S5 and the GApps for the ROM and transfer it to the external storage of your device.
- Once done, GoTo the Link and follow the Installation steps from 3 to 9.
- Once completing all the steps. You have now installed Lineage OS 15 on your device.
- To verify the same, go to the Settings > About Phone and check the OS installed on your device.
- Enjoy Android Oreo Features on your Samsung Galaxy S5.