The recently released Xiaomi Redmi 4x has stunned the market by providing such powerful and high-end device in the low-budget segment. The phone is the first one to bear a metal body in this price range. As we all know Xiaomi devices are flooded with custom ROMs and mods, and this one is no exception. The Lineage OS 14.1 OS for Redmi 4x is already out, so grab your phone and start downloading.
The latest Lineage OS 14.1 is based on Android 7.0 Nougat along with that it also has special features from the Lineage OS like LiveDisplay, Profiles, Privacy Guard, Protected App, etc.
Keep in mind that this one is an initial Nightly build, thus bugs are likely to happen. But the good thing is that this one is a nightly build. Meaning, the developers will fix bugs and include features on daily basis. Map their behavior and fix what needs to be fixed daily. Therefore you will receive a new update every single night.
For interested folks like you, we have written up a complete easy to follow guide to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Redmi 4x. Please scroll down a bit to find the downloads for Lineage OS 14.1 and a bit more for the installation guide. Although everything should work flawlessly if you face any hurdle do make sure to consult us in the comment section.
- Your phone needs to be rooted and installed a custom recovery like TWRP.
- Do not forget to take an Android backup of your data during the installation step.
- Check if your Redmi 4x is charged to at least 50 percent to prevent the unintentional shutdowns in the middle of the installation procedure.
- And lastly, take after every step accurately and things will go as we plan.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM For Redmi 4x
LineageOS 14.1 Gapps For Redmi 4x – Download
Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Redmi 4x
- First of all, download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Redmi 4x and save it on your device.
- Also, download the Gapps for Lineage OS 14.1 from the download section.
- Now, shut down your phone and boot it into recovery mode.
- Go to backup option and take an Android backup of your existing system.
- After you boot into recovery, you first need to go to the Wipe tab and then swipe right to factory reset your Redmi 4x.
- Afterward, navigate to the main screen and click on the install button.
- Select the Lineage OS 14.1 file for Redmi 4x.
- Click on add more zip and select the Gapps file for Lineage OS 14.1 and swipe right to begin the installation procedure.
- Let the installation finish, it will hardly take around 10 minutes.
- Then again swipe right to clear cache and reboot.
Now your Redmi 4x is running the Lineage OS 14.1 version. Enjoy the new features and features which will make your day a better one. Have a nice day!