If you’re not fancying stock Android, you can also download and install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel and Pixel XL and see what OnePlus users enjoy right now. However, it’s worth mentioning that this is an unofficial build, so you may experience some bugs from time to time. However, it’s stable enough to use it as your daily driver.
This is the first unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Google Pixel XL and it can be downloaded, using the file provided given below, and installed, by simply following the guide below.
The firmware is missing some important Lineage OS features, but they will be added in time. Still, you can experience Android 7.0 Nougat features, alongside some exclusive, new ones, like Live Display, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles and many more!
Before starting the installation, please consider the following aspects, in order to avoid damaging your phone or any other issues:
- The ROM is just for the Pixel and Pixel XL. Don’t try it on any other device, since it won’t work.
- Again, you’re about to install an initial Nougat alpha build, which contains bugs. Don’t be surprised if something doesn’t work properly!
- The process will fully erase the data on your phone, so our recommendation si to take a complete backup before starting.
- Check the battery level! It needs to be somewhere around 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow all the steps in the guide carefully, making sure you don’t skip anything!
Download Lineage OS 14.1 For Google Pixel or Pixel XL
Linage OS 14.1 For Google Pixel (Sailfish) – Download
Linage OS 14.1 For Google Pixel XL (Marlin) – Download
Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel and Pixel XL
Step 1: Download a custom recovery and install it on your phone. If you already have one, you might as well skip this step.
Step 2: Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Google Pixel or Pixel XL from above, then save it on your device.
Step 3: Download the Gapp package here – Download, then save it on your phone as well.
Step 4: Boot the Pixel into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: In TWRP, create a Nandroid backup, just in case something goes wrong.
Step 6: Go go the Wipe menu and select Advanced Wipe. Then, select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data. Swipe to confirm, which starts a Factory Reset.
Step 7: Go to Install, search for the ROM .zip file, then swipe in order to start the installation. It should take around 10 minutes.
Step 8: Repeat the process above for the GApps .zip file.
Step 9: Go again to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
Step 10: Reboot your device.
This is how you can install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel or Pixel XL. If you encounter any issues or have any other questions, please contact us, using the comments section below.
Credit goes to – XDA Member – invisiblek