All the Huawei devices who have or received the Android 7.0 Nougat update came with the latest EMUI 5.0 interface, which gives the handsets a totally refreshed look. The update is slowly rolling out over the air, but if you can’t wait until you receive it, you can also install it manually. Therefore, if you want to install Huawei EMUI 5.0 for EMUI 4.0 and 4.1.1, simply follow the instructions below!
The theme was provided by the XDA Developers community and it was tested on the Huawei P8 and P9 Plus, but it should work fine on anything running EMUI 4.0 and 4.1.
EMUI 5.0 Features & Changelogs
- New frame works elements, like spinner, buttons and pop-up windows, inspired by EMUI 5
- A new dialer, resembling the one used by EMUI 5
- New incall-UI elements
- Redesigned backup app
- Some new action bar icons in the Settings menu
- New settings icon in the notification panel
- Changed “Search for updates” in the updater app
- WhatsApp & Spotify icons now match other icons
Bugs you might experience after the update
- The text under profile picture in the Huawei ID app has the same color as the background and it can be annoying
- The tabs are shifting in landscape mode
- The tabs in the gallery are not blue underlined
- The music control buttons can be buggy while using them in the lockscreen
- On EMUI 4.1., the navigation bar is white in recent apps menu
- The status bar icons aren’t very visible while in the Calculator app
- The status bar icons are black in Phone MAnager
- The header text in harassment filter, Battery Manager and App Lock Settings is white and unreadable.
Download Huawei EMUI 5.0 Theme For EMUI 4.0 and 4.1.1 – Download
Install EMUI 5.0 Theme on Huawei Devices
Step 1: Download the EMUI 5.0 .zip file, using above link, and unzip it.
Step 2: Place the.hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
Step 3: Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
Step 4: Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
And you’re done! This is everything you need to do in order to install EMUI 5.0 for EMUI 4.0 and 4.1.1. If you encounter any issues, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!