If you want to try the HydrogenOS experience, made for China, with custom UI and no Google services, on your OnePlus 3T, now’s your chance, since the Nougat-based version was just made available, thanks to the XDA Developers community. Therefore, if you want to install Nougat based HydrogenOS for OnePlus 3T, everything you need to do is follow the instructions below!
Before proceeding with installation, here are a few aspects you should consider:
- In order to be able to do it, your phone’s boot loader needs to be unlocked and have a custom TWRP Recovery installed.
- Take notice that it comes with the Chinese apps installed, but, using Debloater, you can get rid of them.
- This method works just on the OnePlus 3T, so don’t try installing it on another device, since it won’t work.
- The process will erase your data, so our recommendation is to perform a full backup before starting and then proceed.
- Check your phone’s battery level and make sure it’s at least 50-60%, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the steps below correctly, in order to avoid bricking your phone!
Download HydrogenOS For Oneplus 3T (Android Nougat Based)
HydrogenOS Stable ROM For Oneplus 3T – Download
HydrogenOS Bloat Remover And Booster Zip – Download
Supersu For HydrogenOS – Download
Gapps For HydrogenOS – Download
Install HydrogenOS On OnePlus 3T (Android Nougat Based)
Step 1: Download and install a custom TWRP recovery for your phone. If you already have it, you can skip this step and proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Download HydrogenOS for OnePlus 3T file from above, and save it on your phone.
Step 3: Download the bloat remover, as well as the Gapps From above and save them on your device as well.
Step 4: Boot your OnePlus 3T into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power Button.
Step 5: While in Recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup, for the safer side.
Step 6: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data, in order to do a Factory Reset. Swipe in order to confirm.
Step 7: Go to Install and locate the HydrogenOS for OnePlus 3T ROM .zip file and swipe in order to begin the installation process, which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 8: Repeat the same step for the Debloater and SuperSu (available here), as well as the Gapps .zip file.
Step 9: Go back and flash the TWRP img file again, as the ROM overwrites it stock recovery, in order to complete the process.
And you’re all done!
You have successfully managed to install the HydrogenOS on OnePlus 3T. Like always, feel free to ask us any question about the whole process, using the comments section below. Also, the same thing goes for anybody who’s experiencing any issues throughout the process!