As we all know that OnePlus 3T is scheduled to receive official Android Oreo update but when the company will roll out this update, is yet unknown. Now, the good news here is, we already have leaked Android 8.0 firmware for OnePlus 3T, which is based on HydrogenOS 3.0. HydrogenOS is company’s official OS used in OnePlus devices for the Chinese region, while the company uses Oxygen OS globally.
According to the details, this hydrogenOS 3.0 is based on Android 8.0 and has September security patch, which is again a very good thing. Now, one thing to notice here is, this Hydrogen OS is for Chinese variants, so it might contain Chinese bloatware and the OS won’t contain Google Play Store.
- This HydrogenOS 3.0 is for Chinese variants of OnePlus 3T but surely you can download and install on any OnePlus 3T. But this Hydrogen OS contains a lot of bloatware and it doesn’t have Play Store.
- This HydrogenOS 3.0 is based on Android 8.0, so it comes with every Android Oreo features.
- Installing a new OS on your device deletes entire data so create a full backup before installing this OS.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60% battery charged before installation.
- Follow each and every installation step very carefully. We are not responsible for any types of mishappening.
Download HydrogenOS 3.0 for OnePlus 3T:
- HydrogenOS 3.0 for OnePlus 3T – Mirror
- Download the HydrogenOS 3.0 on your PC from the above-given link and then extract the file.
- Now, you will find a program named “MsmDownloadTool V3.0.exe“. Run it as administrator.
- Once done, turn off your OnePlus 3T, on which you wanna update.
- Connect that device to the PC and while connecting, remember to press and hold “Volume Up” button.
- Well, that’s all. The Download will start automatically on your device. Wait, until it shows “Download Complete”.
- Now, disconnect your device from the PC and turn on.
- Congratulations, your device now runs on Android 8.0 based HydrogenOS 3.0. Go and verify the same in Settings > About Phone.