Along with other successors like Huawei Nova and Mate 9 devices, the tech giant has also released Nougat B381 update for Huawei P9 Plus. Currently, the manufacturer has released this update only for the Middle Eastern users as they plan to move forward with a phase wise delivery module.
In this latest B381 update, Huawei is supplying EMUI 5.0 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat. All the previously known bugs have been fixed in this update and more than that Huawei has taken measures to secure the device with the latest Google’s Security patch for the July month. Apart from that memory management, stability and performance factors have also been improved a lot.
The Chinese manufacturer has started the update delivery via OTA and all of the users in the Middle East should be receiving an update notification by now. Despite the fact that update is not available for other regions and you still want to upgrade now than you can download the Nougat update from the below download section and follow our easy guide to install Nougat B381 update on Huawei P9 Plus.
- Device – Huawei P9 Plus
- Model – VIE-L29
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B381
- Build Number – VIE-L29C185B381
- Region – Middle East
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
Download Huawei P9 Plus Nougat B381 File
Android 7.0 Nougat update for Middle East Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L29C185B381
- First of all, unlock the bootloader of your Huawei P9 Plus and install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- Charge up your device to at least 40 to 50% to carry out the installation procedure.
- Backup your important data in a secure location, just to be prepared if anything goes wrong.
- Keep in mind that this update firmware is only meant for Huawei P9 Plus, therefore, do not try to flash it on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly and you will be just fine.
Install Nougat B381 Update on Huawei P9 Plus
1) Get started by downloading Huawei P9 Plus Android 7.0 Nougat update from above.
2) Afterwards boot your P9 Plus into TWRP Recovery mode.
3) In the recovery, first flash the update.zip file and and move forward towards the next step.
4) And the last step is to flash the update_full_VIE-L29_hw_xx.zip and update_data_full_public.zip files you downloaded from the above section.
5) Wait until the process finishes.
6) Reboot now and get ready for your first Nougat boot.