The Huawei P10 Lite is just a few weeks away from hitting the shelves, but this doesn’t mean that its predecessor, the P9 Lite is being ignored by the manufacturer! Huawei recently announced that the Android 7.0 Nougat B360 update for Huawei P9 Lite is available for downloading, allowing users to upgrade the phone to the latest version of Google’s OS, with EMUI 5.0 on top.
The update brings new features and performance upgrades, but it will take a while until all users will receive the official notification to download it. You can also install Nougat Update on Huawei P9 Lite manually, by simply following the instructions provided below.
- Device – Huawei P9 Lite
- Model – VNS-L31/L21
- Android Version – 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B360
- Build Number – VNS LxxC432B366
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.5 GB
In order to avoid any issues during the installation, please consider the following recommendations:
- The firmware you’re about to install is just for the Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31/L21). Don’t try using it on other devices.
- In order to be able to install it, your phone needs to be on stock recovery and stock firmware.
- The data on your phone will be erased, so our advice is to take a full backup, for the safer side.
- Your battery level needs to be around 50%-60%, otherwise you risk dealing with an unexpected shutdown.
- Please follow the steps below correctly and don’t skip any of them!
Download Huawei P9 Lite 7.0 Nougat B360 Update
First of all, you need to download the firmware, according to your exact phone model. You can find all the versions here:
Install 7.0 Nougat B360 Update on Huawei P9 Lite
Step 1: Download Nougat B360 OTA For Huawei P9 Lite.
Step 2: Extract the .zip package and put the update.app file in a dload folder, on your microSD card.
Step 3: Dial *#*#2846579#*#* and open the hidden menu.
Step 4: Select Software upgrade and start the SD card upgrade.
Step 5: Select the update and run it.
Step 6: Wait for about 10 minutes, until it’s done.
Step 7: Reboot your phone.N
Step 1: Download update_data_full_hw_eu.zip From Above.
Step 2: Extract the file for your phone model.
Step 3: Copy all the date, including the update.app file, in a dload folder, on your memory card.
Step 4: Dial *#*#2846579#*#*, which opens a hidden menu.
Step 5: From this menu, select Software Upgrade, then start the SD Card Upgrade.
Step 6: Select and run the update.
Step 7: Wait until the process is completed. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
And you’re done installing Android 7.0 Nougat Update on Huawei P9 Lite. If you have any questions, please contact us, using the comments section.