The Google’s latest update of Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P9 (EVA-L09) is now available for unlocking, bringing a completely new firmware, with tons of new features and improvements, based on the manufacturer’s EMUI 5.0 OS.
As usual, the update is rolling out over the air for the European variant of the Huawei P9, but if you don’t want to wait until the notification for install it reaches your handset, you can also do it manually, by following our guide below, on how to install Nougat B383 on Huawei P9.
- Device – Huawei P9
- Model – EVA L09
- Android Version – 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B383
- Build Number – EVA-L09C432B383
- Region: Europe
- Status – Official Beta
- Type – Full firmware image
Please read carefully the following details, before starting the process, in order to avoid any issues or even bricking your phone:
- This firmware is just for the EVA-L09 variant of the Huawei P9, so don’t try installing it on another smartphone model, since it won’t work.
- In order for the installation process to work properly, the device must be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The process will erase the data on your phone, so if you want to keep it, our recommendation is to perform a full backup, just for the safer side.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least at 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Follow the instructions below precisely, making sure you don’t skip any of them.
Download Huawei P9 Nougat B383 File
Huawei P9 7.0 Nougat B383 Full Version – Download
Huawei P9 Nougat Update_data_full_hw_ez.up – Download
Install 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P9
Step 1: Download the 7.0 Nougat ROM for Huawei P9 from above, then extract the .zip file.
Step 2: Create a folder and name it dload in your microSD card. After this, copy the update.app file, extracted at the previous step, in the exact folder.
Step 3: Dial *#*#2846579#*#*. This will give you access to the phone’s hidden menu.
Step 4: From this menu, Click on Software Upgrade option and start the SDCard Upgrade.
Step 5: Select the update package and run it.
Step 6: Wait for few minutes, since this is the amount of time required for the process to be completed.
Step 7: Now Reboot your Smartphone.
Step 1: Download the update_data_full_hw_eu.zip file from above, and extract it.
Step 2: Copy everything, including the update.app file in the dload folder, created earlier.
Step 3: Dial *#*#2846579#*#* again.
Step 4: Select Software Upgrade and being the SDCard Upgrade.
Step 5: Select and run the update.
Step 6: Once again, wait for few minutes, to complete the process.
Step 7: Reboot the phone.
And you have successfully managed to install 7.0 Nougat update on Huawei P9 . If you face any difficulty, please leave a comment below.