Even though the all new P10 Lite was recently announced, the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 is still a very reliable handset, perfect for anybody looking for a decent mid-ranger. And now, you can download 7.0 Nougat update for Huawei P8 Lite 2017, the PRA-LA1 variant, to be more specific, in order to enjoy improved system performance and stability.
The ROM is officially rolling out right now and it’s based on the latest EMUI 5.0 OS. However, as you probably know, it will take a while until all users will receive the update notification. Therefore, if you don’t want to wait more, then you can now install 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P8 Lite 2017, everything you need to do is follow the instructions in the guide we’ve put together below.
- Device – Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Model – PRA-LA1
- Android Version – 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B125
- Build Number – PRA-LA1C185B125
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.6 GB
Before proceeding with the actual installation process, please consider the following tips, in order to avoid any unpleasant situations or even bricking your phone:
- The firmware you’re about to install is just for the PRA-LA1 variant of the P8 Lite 2017. Don’t try it on another variant or other devices, since it won’t work at all.
- Before you go ahead with this installation procedure, you need to have a TWRP custom recovery installed. The dload method may work as well, but it wasn’t tested for this firmware.
- We always recommend to take a full backup of the phone before starting.
- Please check your battery level and make sure it’s at least 50-60% charged.
- Follow the instructions in the guide below carefully!
Download Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Nougat B125 Update File
Update.Zip – Download
Update_full_PRA-LA1HN_hw_meafnaf.zip – Download
Install 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
Step 1: Download the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Nougat Update.zip file from above download section, and extract it.
Step 2: On your microSD card, create a dload folder, then copy the update.app you just extracted over there.
Step 3: Dial *#*#2846579#*#*, This will open Huawei’s hidden menu.
Step 4: Here, select the Software Upgrade option and start the SD card Upgrade.
Step 5: Select the Nougat update and run it.
Step 6: Wait for around 10 minutes, until the installation is ready.
Step 7: Reboot your phone.
Step 1: Download the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Nougat Update_full_PRA-LA1HN_hw_meafnaf.zip file from above, then extract it.
Step 2: Delete the update.app file you copied earlier, then copy all the data, including the new update.app file downloaded at the previous step, in the dload folder.
Step 3: Dial again *#*#2846579#*#*, in order to access the hidden menu.
Step 4: Select again Software Upgrade, then start the SD card Upgrade.
Step 5: Select and run the update.
Step 6: Wait again for 10 minutes, until the installation is completed.
Step 7: Reboot your phone.
And you’re all done! You have successfully installed the Android 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below!