The Huawei’s Honor P10 is one of the best selling and performing phone in the Android Market today and it is usual that all the P10 users are eager to have the latest Nougat update on their devices. Keeping the eagerness in mind, Huawei has released the official Android 7.0 Nougat (B164) update for Huawei P10 starting from the European region.
The B164 update is packed with Nougat and Huawei’s well known EMUI 5.1 OS. The company has given special attention to previous issues on this device and introduced many useful features. Along with all these the new B164 Nougat update for Huawei P10 features improved battery and system performance.
As we talked above, the update is launched particularly for the European region but will be released in the other regions of the globe soon. And if you do not wish to wait then you can scroll down to find the update files and an easy guide on how to install 7.0 Nougat update on Huawei P10.
- Device – Huawei P10
- Model – VTR-L29
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.1
- Firmware – B164
- Build Number – VTR-L29C432B164
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
Download Huawei P10 Nougat B164 Files
Nougat update for Huawei P10 VTR-L29C432B164
- Guarantee that you have an unlocked bootloader before beginning the upgradations.
- Charge your Huawei P10 enough to do the update procedure and to avoid unplanned shutdowns.
- As this firmware update is made for Huawei P10, do whatever it takes not to flash it on different devices else it may stop working.
- Finally, take a backup of your essential information just to be on the safe side.
Install Nougat B164 Update on Huawei P10
1) Download Huawei P10 Nougat file from above and save it on your phone’s internal or external memory as you prefer.
2) To begin, boot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
3) In TWRP, first flash the update.zip file and once that is done, move to the consequent stage.
4) Flash the third and fourth update zips to install the latest Nougat update on Huawei P10.
5) Now let the procedure wrap up.
6) All is done now, reboot and enjoy the new Nougat update on your Huawei P10.
1) First of all, download all the files from the download section.
2) Afterwards, rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” to update_data_public.zip and “update_full_VTR-L29_hw_eu.zip” to update_all_hw.zip.
3) As renaming is done, we can advance to extricating the HWOTA_VTR.zip from above in your phone or PC.
4) Now, we need to copy whatever is left of the three update zip files, either in the phone inside a HWOTA folder or in the event that you want to use your computer then save it in the C:\..\HWOTA\update folder.
5) To start the up-gradations, run the update.bat as an Administrator, it will guarantee that you have replicated every one of the records effectively in the folder.
6) Afterward, connect your Huawei P10 and Reboot into Bootloader by squeezing “Volume Down + Power” buttons or by just writing “adb reboot bootloader“ in the command window.
7) The above command will install the TWRP custom recovery on your Huawei P10.
8) Now, Disconnect USB Cable and reboot your Huawei by squeezing “Volume Up + Power” keys together to enter TWRP recovery.
9) Once you’re booted into the TWRP recovery, connect the phone with USB again and press Enter to proceed.
10) Follow the on screen instructions and Type 1 or 2 according to the location of your update files.
11) And in conclusion, it’ll get some information about the update type, again Type 1 and press the Enter key twice.
12) Done! Now, wait for the upgradations on your Huawei P10 to complete.