Finally, the day has come when Huawei Mate 9 users get to taste the Android 7.0 Nougat. Yes, the Company has started releasing Android 7.0 Nougat B184 update for Huawei Mate 9 variants in Middle eastern regions. As usual, the update is being rolled out via OTA. The manufacturer will deliver the update on different parts of the globe as soon as possible.
In the new B184 firmware update, Huawei has brought Android 7.0 Nougat along with EMUI 5.0 OS for the Huawei Mate 9 users. All the previous complaints have been heard and bugs from the previous versions have been wiped out in this new update. Along with fixing bugs, Huawei has included many new features and performance improvements in this update.
If you are one of those people like me who live outside the Middle East, do not get worried if you haven’t received any update notification. You can find the said update in the download section below and can follow the simple update instructions to install B184 Nougat update on Huawei Mate 9.
- Device – Huawei Mate 9
- Model – MHA-L29
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B184
- Build Number –MHA-L29C185B184
- Region – Middle East
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
Download Huawei Mate 9 Nougat B184 Update File
Nougat Update for Middle East Mate 9 MHA-L29C185B184
- Ensure that you have an unlocked bootloader before starting the upgradations.
- Charge your device enough to carry out the update process and to prevent accidental shutdowns.
- As this firmware update is only made for Huawei Mate 9, try not to flash it on other devices else it might stop functioning.
- Lastly, take a backup of your important data to be prepared for worst cases.
Install Stock Nougat B184 Firmware on Huawei Mate 9
1) First of all, download the zip files listed in the download section.
2) Afterwards, rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and “update_full_hw_usa.zip” to update_all_hw.zip.
3) As renaming is done, we can move forward to extracting the HWOTA_MHA.zip from above in your phone or computer.
4) Now we have to copy the rest of the three update zip files either in the phone inside a HWOTA folder or if you choose to use you computer save it in the PC in the C:\..\HWOTA\update folder.
5) To begin the actual upgradation, run the update.bat as an Administrator, it will ensure that you have copied all the files correctly in the folder.
6) Afterwards connect your Huawei Mate 9 and Reboot into Bootloader by pressing “Volume Down + Power” buttons or by simply typing “adb reboot bootloader” in the command prompt.
7) The above command will install the TWRP custom recovery on your Huawei Mate 9.
8) Now, Disconnect USB Cable and reboot your Huawei by pressing “Volume Up + Power” keys together to enter TWRP recovery mode.
9) Once you’re booted in the TWRP recovery, connect the phone with USB again and press Enter to continue.
10) If your update files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER otherwise type 2 if documents are placed in the HWOTA/Update folder on your computer.
11) And lastly, it’ll ask you the about the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter key twice.
12) Done! Above stride will begin the installation of downloaded files on your Huawei Mate 9.
1) Download Huawei Mate 9 B184 Android 7.0 Nougat file from above and save it on your phone’s internal or external memory.
2) To get started, boot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
3) In TWRP first the update.zip file and once that is done, move to the subsequent stage.
4) Flash the second and third firmware files to install the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update on Huawei Mate 9.
5) Now let the pocedure wrap up.
6) All is done now, reboot and experience the new update.
If you find this useful please share it with your friends and subscribe to our newsletters for more updates.