If you’re looking forward to updating Huawei Mate 9 to android 7.0 Nougat (B156), we have a good news. You can now download and install the latest firmware, based on EMUI 5.0 and bringing several improvements to your smartphone.
Like usual, it’s rolling out over the air, in a phase-wise manner, but since most users don’t want to wait that much, we’ve put together a short guide on how to do it. Therefore, if you want to flash stock Nougat ROM on Huawei Mate 9, everything you need to do is follow the steps below.
Here is all the essential information about the firmware:
- Device – Huawei Mate 9
- Model – MHA-L09
- Android Version – 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B156
- Build Number – MHA-L09C185B156
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.4 GB
Please consider the following aspects before proceeding with installation, in order to avoid any unpleasant situations or bricking your phone:
- This firmware is just for the Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-L09), so please don’t install it on another device, since it won’t work.
- In order to be able to install the update, your device needs to be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The process may erase the data on your phone, so our recommendation is to perform a full backup before starting, just for the safer side.
- Make sure the battery level is around 50-60% before starting, in order to prevent an accidental shutdown in-between process.
- Please follow the steps below correctly and make sure you don’t skip any of them!
Download Huawei Mate 9 B156 Nougat File
B156 Nougat Firmware For Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-L09) – Download
Install B156 Android 7.0 Nougat On Huawei Mate 9
Step 1: Download B156 Nougat Firmware For Huawei Mate 9, and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and copy the update.app file you just extracted over there.
Step 3: Dial *#*#2846579#*#*, in order to open your phone’s hidden menu.
Step 4: From this menu, select Software Upgrade and start SDCard Upgrade.
Step 5: Select and run the update.
Step 6: Wait until the installation process is completed. Usually, it doesn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 7: Reboot your phone.
And this is it! You have successfully managed to install Android 7.0 Nougat on your phone! The whole process is very simple and it should go smoothly in most cases. However, if you encounter any issues or have any questions, feel free to contact us, by dropping a few lines in the comments section below!