The latest Nougat B560 update for Huawei Mate 8 is now available for downloading, so if you own the Chinese manufacturer’s handset, you can proceed with installation and enjoy the latest features.
The Android 7.0 Nougat B560 Firmware Update brings several new features to your Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29), including Doze, the new Vulkan API, Seamless update, new messaging apps, a new notification system and many more, so there’s no doubt that it’s worth installing it on your phone.
Like always, the Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei Mate 8 is rolling out via the air, in a phase-wise manner, so it might take a while until you receive the official notification to update. On the other side, you can also install it manually, by simply following the instructions below.
- Device – Huawei Mate 8
- Model – NXT-L29
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B560
- Build Number – NXT-L29C432B560
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.4 GB
Before proceeding with installation, here are a few details you should definitely consider:
- This firmware is just for the Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29), so don’t try installing it on another device, so it won’t work.
- Your device needs to be on stock firmware and stock recovery in order to be able to install the update.
- The process may erase the data on your phone, so our recommendation is to perform a full backup before starting, for the safer side.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery level is around 50-60% before starting, otherwise you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the instructions below carefully, without skipping any steps!
Download Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29) Android 7.0 Nougat B560 Firmware
Download Huawei Mate 8-NXT-L29 Nougat Firmware B560 – Download
Download Huawei Mate 8-NXT-L29 Nougat B560 Update – Download
Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29)
Step 1: First of all, you need to unlock your phone’s boot-loader and download and install a custom recovery. If your Mate 8 is already meeting these requirements, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Download the Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29) ROM, and save it on your device.
Step 3: Unroot your phone from the SuperSu settings.
Step 4: Boot the phone into TWRP Recovery mode.
Step 5: While in TWRP, flash the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM .zip file, with a total size of 1400 MB. If you get an error, don’t worry about it and, without rebooting, move on to the next step.
Step 6: Flash the second file, this time with a size of 539MB.
Step 7: Wait for about 10 minutes, until the process is finished.
Step 8: Reboot your phone.
And this is it! You have successfully managed to update Huawei Mate 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat. The process is very simple, but we know that some of you might encounter difficulties. If you have any questions about the whole updating process or have any issues, feel free to contact us, by dropping a few lines in the comments section below.