Now it’s time for Huawei mate 8 users to get their hands on the Nougat update. Huawei has finally released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei Mate 8. The update is rolled out for Asian region for now, I think the tech giant is planning a phase-wise update. This particular update is for the NXT-L09 variant only. The B580 update is packed with the Nougat and Huawei’s own EMUI 5.0 OS. If you haven’t received the update you can install 7.0 Nougat on Huawei Mate 8 from given below guide.
What’s new in this update is the EMUI but with a refreshed interface and easier navigation. Huawei has included an app drawer too in this EMUI 5.0 version. This feature is disabled by default but you can easily turn it on via Settings. Now you can also select different home screen and drawer style, which i think is a very nice improvement considering the previous EMUI versions.
Another big change is the smart CPU management. Your phone learns how you use your phone during the day, and based on your usage pattern it will always keep enough resources free for the app you are going to open. This is done by storage defragmentation and smart CPU management. The data for that is gathered by your recent app usage. And there is a lot of other changes, therefore don’t hold your horses and install the latest Nougat update. All you gotta do is scroll down a bit, and you’ll have everything you need for the update. Therefore slide down and Download 7.0 Nougat for Huawei Mate 8.
|Device||Huawei Mate 8|
|Security Patch Level||March 1, 2017|
Download Huawei Mate 8 Nougat File
update.zip – Download
update_data_full_hw_spcseas.zip – Download
- This firmware update is is only for the NXT-L09 model.
- You must be on stock recovery, therefore if you have any custom recovery installed then have to switch to stock.
- Make a backup just in case.
- Charge Your Phone at least 50-60%.
- Follow the below steps and it will work out.
Install 7.0 Nougat on Huawei Mate 8
- Download 7.0 Nougat for Mate 8 ‘update.zip‘ from above download section.
- Extract that zip file in a newly created folder named ‘dload’ on your phone.
- Now, open the update menu by punching *#*#2846579#*#* in your dialer app.
- Click on update and let it complete.
- Reboot your device.
- Download the another file named ‘update_data_full_hw_spcseas.zip’ from the above download section.
- Extract and replace all the contents in the ‘dload’ folder you previously created.
- Open the update menu again by punching *#*#2846579#*#* in the dialer.
- Now again run the update and let it finish.
- All is done, reboot your device and enjoy the new update.
If you face any issue while installing, you can ask for the help on our discussion forum.