Chinese manufacturer is currently rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat update for all its important handsets. Their flagship, Huawei P9, has already received it, so it’s time for another great handset, the Mate 8, to get it. However, if you can’t wait until you receive the over-the-air version, you can manually update Huawei Mate 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat, using our guide below.
The update will bring several improvements to your smartphone, like Multi-window, Doze, Improved Notifications, a new Messaging app, seamless update, the new Vulkan API and many more.
Before proceeding to updating, here are a few technical details about the package you should know:
- Device – Huawei Mate 8
- Model – NXT-L09 & NXT-L29
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B521
- Build Number – NXT-L09C432B521-log/NXT-L29C432B521
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official (Beta)
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.5 GB
Warnings & Requirements
Please consider these aspects before installing the update:
- The firmware is just for the Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29) and (NXT-L09), so don’t try installing it on any other device, as it won’t work at all.
- In order to be able to install it, your phone needs to be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The updating process will most likely erase all your data, so our advice is to perform a full backup before starting, so you can avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery level is at least 50%, otherwise, you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the instructions below correctly!
Download Huawei Mate 8 Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
Download Nougat Firmware For Huawei Mate 8 – NXT-L09 – Download
Download Nougat Firmware For Huawei Mate 8 – NXT-L29 – Download
Link Temporary Removed
How to Manually Update Huawei Mate 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat
Step 1: Download the Android 7.0 nougat ROM for the Huawei Mate 8 and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and copy the update.app file, extracted at the previous step, over there.
Step 3: Go to the Settings menu, select Update and press the Menu button. Then, choose Local update.
Step 4: You will see the update.app file, so tap on it, in order to begin the installation process.
Step 5: Wait for about 10 minutes, until the installation is complete, and reboot your Huawei Mate 8, in order to finish the whole process.
Step 1: Download the 7.0 Nougat ROM, using the link provided above, and extract it.
Step 2: Create the dload folder on the root of your memory card and copy the extracted update.app file over there.
Step 3: Turn off the phone.
Step 4: Simply press Volume Up + Volume Down, as well as the Power Button, together. This will automatically start the updating process.
Step 5: Wait until the whole process is completed. Usually, it doesn’t take more than 10 minutes.
And you’re done! This is how you manually update Huawei Mate 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you encounter any issues, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.