Huawei Honor 7 users from the Middle East have now the chance to update their smartphones to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, as the ROM, based on EMUI 4.0 OS, is now available for download. Therefore, if you want to install Install Marshmallow Firmware on Honor 7 (PLK-L01), you’re in the perfect place!
Here you can find all the technical information about the update you’re about to install:
- Device – Honor 7
- Model – PLK-L01
- Android Version – 6.0.1
- EMUI Version – 4.0
- Firmware – B380
- Build Number – PLK-L01C185B380
- Region – Middle East
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.53 GB
Before proceeding with installation, here are a few aspects you should consider:
- The firmware is just for the Honor 7 (PLK-L01), so don’t try installing it on another device, since it won’t work at all.
- In order to work correctly, your phone needs to be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- The updating process may erase all your data, so our advice is to perform a full backup before starting, in order to avoid losing important stuff.
- Check your battery level and make sure it has around 50 or 60% battery, otherwise, you risk dealing with an accidental shutdown.
- Please follow the instructions below precisely, as skipping one step may result in bricking your phone.
Download Honor 7 (PLK-L01) Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware B380
Download – Link Temporary Removed
Install Marshmallow Firmware (B380) On Honor 7 (PLK-L01)
Step 1: Download Honor 7 (PLK-L01) Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware B380, and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and place the update.app file you just extracted in that folder.
Step 3: Go to your phone’s Settings menu > Update and press the menu button.
Step 4: Select the Local update option. You will see the update.app file, so tap on it, in order to begin the installation process. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 5: Reboot your phone.
Step 1: Download Honor 7 (PLK-L01) Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware B380, using the link provided above, and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your phone’s memory card and put the update.app file over there.
Step 3: Turn off the phone.
Step 4: Press Volume Up + Volume Down + the Power Button at the same time, in order to start the update process automatically. Wait for about 10 minutes, until it’s completed.
And you’re done. You have successfully managed to install Marshmallow Firmware on Honor 7 (PLK-L01) on your phone. If you encounter any issues during the process or have any other questions, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.