The newest Android Nougat Update B130 for Honor 8 Pro (Europe) was just made available for download, allowing owners to update their handsets to the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system. It packs Android 7.0 Nougat and is based on EMUI 5.1 OS, so if you want to flash it on your phone, you’re exactly where you should be.
Below you can find a quick guide on how to install 7.0 Nougat on Honor 8 Pro manually, presenting all the steps you need to follow in order to get it on your phone. Just make sure you follow all the instructions carefully and everything should be fine.
- Device – Honor 8 Pro
- Model – DUK-L09
- Android Version – 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version – 5.1
- Firmware – B130
- Build Number – DUK-L09C432B130
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
Please consider the following recommendations before starting the installation, in order to avoid any issues or even damaging your phone:
- This firmware is just for the DUK-L09 variant of the Honor 8 Pro, so don’t install it on any other device, since it won’t work properly.
- The process can erase the data on your phone, so our advice is to take a full update of the phone before starting, just for the safer side.
- Your battery level needs to be around 50-60% before starting, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process, so please check it.
- Follow all the instructions below carefully, making sure you don’t skip any steps.
Download Honor 8 Pro (DUK-L09) Nougat Update Files B132
Update.zip – Download
Update_full_DUK-L09_hw_eu.zip – Download
Update_data_full_public.zip – Download
Install Nougat B132 on Honor 8 Pro
Step 1: Unlock your phone’s bootloader and install a custom TWRP recovery. Without these, you can’t proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Download the Honor 8 Pro Nougat ROM and save it on your device.
Step 3: Boot the phone into Recovery Mode.
Step 4: While you’re in TWRP, flash the Update.zip file, without rebooting the phone.
Step 5: Flash the Update_full_DUK-L09_hw_eu.zip file, as well as the Update_data_full_public.zip file.
Step 6: Give the process around 10 minutes to finish.
Step 7: Reboot the phone.
Done! The process is very simple and it shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes to complete it. If you have any questions or encounter issues during the installation, please feel free to contact us, by dropping some lines in the comments section below.