If you own the European variant of the Honor 8, you can now download Nougat Update for Honor 8, which was recently made available for download. Here you can find a download file, as well as detailed instructions on how to install it, in order to enjoy the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware, based on EMUI 5.0 OS.
The update is currently rolling out over the air, but if you don’t want to wait until you receive the official update notification, you can also install Android 7.0 Nougat on Honor 8 manually, since everything you need to do is follow the instructions in the guide below.
- Device – Honor 8
- Model – FRD-L09/FRD-L14
- Android Version – 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B386
- Build Number – FRD-LxxC432B386
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
Before starting the actual installation process, please consider the following aspects and everything should be fine:
- This firmware is just for the Honor 8 FRD-L19/FRD-L09, so don’t try it on other variants of the handset, since it won’t work or can even damage the phone.
- The process may erase the data on your phone, so it’s advisable to take a full back before starting, just for the safer side.
- Ensure that the battery level is somewhere around 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow the steps correctly, making sure you don’t skip anything!
Download Honor 8 Nougat File For Europe
1) Download Nougat Update for Honor 8 (Europe) (FRD-L19C432B386)
2) Download Nougat Update for Honor 8 (Europe) (FRD-L09C432B386)
Install Nougat Update on Honor 8
Step 1: First of all, you need to unlock the phone’s boot-loader, then download and install a custom recovery. If you already have these, you can skip this step and proceed to the next one.
Step 2: Download Honor 8 Nougat Firmware from above, and save it on your device.
Step 3: Boot the Honor 8 into TWRP Recovery mode.
Step 4: After entering Recovery mode, flash the update.zip file. After it’s done, without rebooting the phone, move to the next step.
Step 5: Flash the update_full_FRD-Lxx_hw_eu.zip file.
Step 6: Wait for around 10 minutes, until the process is finished.
Step 7: Reboot the phone.
This is how you can install Android 7.0 Nougat for Honor 8. If you have any questions, please contact us, using the comments section below.