If you’re the owner of the European version of the Huawei Honor 8 FRD-L09 smartphone, we have some good news for you, as the newest stock Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware B120 has been made available. It’s based on the latest EMUI 4.1 OS and it can be easily flashed!
Below you can find a complete guide on how to install it, as well as additional information about it. Let’s start with the complete information about the update!
Stock Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware B120 Information
- Device – Honor 8
- Model – FRD-L09
- Android Version – 6.0.1
- EMUI Version – 4.1
- Firmware – B120
- Region – Europe
- Build Number – FRD-L09C432B120
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Size – 1.7GB
Warnings & Requirements
- This firmware update is just for the European version of the Honor 8 FRD-L09. Don’t try installing on another device.
- In order to install it, your device must be on stock firmware, as well as stock recovery.
- The updating process may erase your data, so our recommendation is to perform a full backup of your phone, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure your battery level is above 60% before starting. It’s advisable to start with a fully charged battery, though.
- Follow all the instructions above correctly, otherwise you risk bricking your device.
Download Honor 8 (FRD-L09) Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware B120
Install Firmware By Two Method
Step 1: Download Honor 8 (FRD-L09) Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware B120 and extract it.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD and copy the update.app file there.
Step 3: Go to Settings > Update and press the menu button.
Step 4: Select the Local update option.
Step 5: Pick the update.app file and tap on it, in order to begin the installation process.
Step 6: In about ten minutes, the installation should be completed. After this, everything you need to do is reboot your phone.
Step 1: Download Honor 8 (FRD-L09) Marshmallow Firmware B120, using the link provided above.
Step 2: Create a dload folder on your microSD card and place the update.app file over there.
Step 3: Turn off your Honor 8.
Step 4: In order to start the update process automatically, press Volume Up + Volume Down and the Power button at the same time.
Step 5: Wait for about 10 minutes and the update process will be completed.
That’s it, you have successfully managed to install Stock Marshmallow Firmware B120 for Honor 8 FRD-L09 on your smartphone. Like always, let us know if you have any questions or face issues during the update process, by dropping a few lines in the comments section below.