After Samsung Galaxy J7, the company has now started rolling out the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy A9 Pro in India. And if you haven’t received any OTA update notification as of now, then surely you can check manually from the “About Phone” section. However, one thing to notice here is, the OTA updates depend on region and might take some days to reach you.
Now, if you can wait for few days or weeks, you will receive the OTA update notification officially from the company. But, if you can’t wait to enjoy the Nougat features then surely you can download and install it manually by following the below steps.
- This Nougat update is especially for Galaxy A9 Pro (India), so do not try to install on other devices, you may end damaging that device.
- Updating your device won’t erase your data, but still, there is a chance that you may lose your data. So always take a full backup before installing the update.
- Make sure that your device is at least 60% charged before starting the installation process.
- Follow each and every step very carefully. We are not responsible for any type of mishappening to your device.
Download Galaxy A9 Pro Nougat Update File:
Download Nougat Update for Galaxy A9 Pro – Download – India
Download Nougat Update For Galaxy A9 Pro – Download – For Other Region
Download latest version ODIN tool – Download
- The first thing you need to do is, turn on the “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlocking” from Settings > Developer Option. Now, if you don’t see “Developer Option”, go to the “About Phone” and click seven times on “Build Number”.
- Download the Nougat Firmware for Galaxy A9 Pro from the given link and store somewhere on your PC.
- Now, download and install the ODIN tool on your PC.
- Once installing the ODIN tool, connect your device to the PC using USB and then reboot into “Download/ODIN” mode. Now, to get into “Download/ODIN” mode, just press “Home Button, Volume Down and Power Button” simultaneously after switching off the device.
- Once you are in “Download/ODIN” mode, you will notice in the ODIN window that ID: COM is now turned Blue and a message has been added in the ODIN message box.
- If ID: COM doesn’t show any change (Blue Color), which means that your device isn’t connected properly and hence try connecting again. Change the data cable, if possible.
- Once you are connected properly, navigate to the Nougat Update file, which you have downloaded from the above link, and add it to the AP/PDA tab in ODIN window.
- Now, check that only two checkboxes are checked “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” in the options section of ODIN window.
- Once everything is done, click on the “Start” button, which starts installing Nougat Update to your device.
- Wait for few minutes until you see a “Pass” in Green on the ODIN window.
- Congratulations, you have now Nougat installed on your Galaxy A9 Pro.