Samsung’s entry level handset, the Galaxy A3 (2016), can now be updated to the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system. Keeping it short, 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy A3 (2016) is now available for downloading and you can install it on the phone in just a few minutes, by following some easy steps.
Currently, the update is rolling out over the air in Germany, but it should reach out other countries as well, in the near future. In order to install Nougat on Galaxy A3 (2016), everything you need to do is check out the guide we’ve put together, available below.
- Device Model – SM-A310F
- Device Name – Galaxy A3 (2016)
- Country – Germany
- Software Version – Android 7.0 Nougat
- Build date – 23.05.2017
- Security Patch Level – 01.05.2017
- Product code – DBT
- Firmware PDA – A310FXXU3CQE6
- Firmware CSC – A310FOXA3CQE6
- Change list – 11350514
- In order to avoid any possible issues during the process, please consider the following aspects before installing the update:
- The Nougat firmware just for the Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310F, so it won’t work on any other device. Don’t try installing it!
- The process can erase the data on your phone, so our recommendation is to take a full backup of the device and just then proceed.
- The battery level needs to be around 50-60%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in the middle of the process.
- Please follow the steps in the guide correctly, making sure you don’t skip anything.
Download Galaxy A3 (2016) Nougat Firmware File
Install Nougat Firmware on Galaxy A3 (2016)
Step 1: Go to Settings > About phone > Build Number and tap it 7 times, so you can enable Developer Options, From here, enable the USB debugging option.
Step 2: Download the stock 7.0 Nougat firmware for Galaxy A3 2016 From above.
Step 3: Download the Odin tool – Here, and then extract the file.
Step 4: Run Odin_v3.12.3.exe on your PC.
Step 5: Connect your phone to a laptop or PC, through a data cable, and, by pressing and holding Home + Volume Down + Power, reboot into Download/Odin mode.
Step 6: After entering this mode, you can see the ID:COM port turning blue, Also Added message in Odin. This means that the Galaxy A3 2016 has been recognized and you can flash the update.
Step 7: Search for the firmware you’ve just downloaded (it’s a .tar or .md5 file) and add to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
Step 8: Search the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
Step 9: Press Click on the Start button. This will begin flashing the file and it should take 9-10 minutes. When the message ‘Pass’ is displayed, it means that the process is over!
The process is relatively easy and you shouldn’t encounter any serious issues throughout it. However, if you have any questions about this, feel free to contact us, by dropping a few lines below.