After Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for selected Nexus devices, it was just a matter of time until developers started working at custom ROMs, so users can enjoy Google’s latest operating system on various devices, which won’t get the update in the near future. For example, you can now install the unofficial CM14 for Redmi Note 3, thanks to the XDA Developer community, who made it available.
Here’s what you need to know before installing it…
This CM14 build contains several bugs, but it will be improved over time, through updates. However, it works good enough to experience Android 7.0 Nougat on your Redmi Note 3. Here you can find a list with all the features that work and those which don’t:
- Camera, but just for taking photos
- Fingerprint scanner
What doesn’t work
- Video recording
- Photo capture on some specific Redmi Note 3 models
- CM related features
Besides these, here you can find some essential tips which you should consider before installing the unofficial CM14 for Redmi Note 3:
- This ROM works just for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, don’t try installing it on other devices.
- Please follow the steps below correctly, otherwise you risk bricking your phone
- The updating process will completely erase the data on your phone, so it’s advisable to perform a full backup before starting.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery level is above 60% before proceeding to updating. Our recommendation is to start with a fully charged battery, in order to avoid an accidental shutdown.
Download Unofficial CM14 For Redmi Note 3
( AFH Mirror )
Install Unofficial CM14 For Redmi Note 3
Step 1: Install a custom recovery on your Redmi Note 3. If you already have one on your phone, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Download the CM14 custom ROM for Redmi Note 3 and save it on your device.
Step 3: Download the CM14 Gapps package and save it on your device. Here – Download Gapps For CM14 ROM
Step 4: Boot your device into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button.
Step 5: While in Recovery mode, proceed to creating a Nandroid backup, in order to avoid losing your data.
Step 6: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data. Swipe in order to confirm the Factory Reset.
Step 7: Go to Install and locate the CM14 ROM zip file. Swipe to install the file. The process should take around 10 minutes.
Step 8: Repeat the step above and flash the Gapps zip file.
Step 9: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and this time, select only wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
Step 10: Reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully installed unofficial CM14 for Redmi Nore 3. If you’re experiencing any issues during the installation process, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.