Even though it’s an older model, launched back in 2012, the Sony Xperia T is still a decent smartphone, great as a daily driver. Even more, you can now install the official CM14.1 ROM on it, allowing you to enjoy all the latest features brought by Google’s new operating system, Android 7.0 Nougat.
Of course, we’re talking about an initial nightly build, so you might observe some important CyanogenMod features missing, but they will be added over time. Otherwise, the ROM is great for testing the latest Android version and new features, like Live-display, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles and many more. In order to get it on your Xperia T, please follow our detailed instructions from below!
Warnings & Requirements
Before proceeding to the installation process, here are a few details about the official CM14.1 ROM for Sony Xperia T you should be aware of:
- This ROM works just on the Sony Xperia T! Don’t try installing it on other handsets, since it won’t work.
- As mentioned above, it’s an alpha build, so don’t be surprised if features are missing or if you’re dealing with bugs. They will be fixed in the future.
- The updating process will erase your data, so it’s advisable to perform a full backup before starting, in order to avoid losing important stuff.
- Make sure that your phone has a battery level of at least 50%, otherwise you might experience an accidental shutdown.
- Follow the instructions below precisely, since there’s a risk of bricking your phone!
Download CM14.1 ROM for Sony Xperia T (Official)
Install CM14.1 ROM on Sony Xperia T (Official)
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery on your phone. If you already have it, you can skip this step and proceed to the next one.
Step 2: Download the CM14.1 ROM for Sony Xperia T, and save it on your device.
Step 3: You will also need the Google app, so get the Gapps package and save it.
Step 4: Boot your Xperia T into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + the Power Button.
Step 5: While in the Recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup, for the safer side.
Step 6: Now, it’s time for a Factory Reset. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data, then swipe in order to confirm.
Step 7: Go to Install and search for the CM14.1 ROM zip file. Swipe in order to begin the installation process. Usually, it takes around 10 minutes.
Step 8: Repeat the step above, but this time install the Gapps package and the Temporary Wi-Fi fix. The latter can be downloaded from here.
Step 9: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe again, but this time select only Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
Step 10: Reboot your phone.
And this is everything to do in order to successfully install the CM14.1 ROM for Sony Xperia T. Like always, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below, if you have any issue during the whole process or if you have any other questions.