The Motorola Moto G4 and G4 Plus are some of the best deals of the moment when it comes to buying new smartphones, offering more than just a decent spec sheet, a solid build and, most importantly, a close-to-stock Android experience. The Lenovo-owned manufacturer is well known for not loading their phones with useless apps or a custom user interface, two big pluses over its competitors.
However, if you want to make your Moto G4 or G4 Plus even better, you can install CM13 ROM, one of the most popular options of the moment, based on Google’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Basically, you’re taking Android to a whole new level!
The latest CyanogenMod 13 for Moto G4 or G4 Plus brings a whole pack of new features, like battery optimization, improved app permissions, Google Now on Tap, Status bar customization, the amazing Doze feature, helping you to save battery life, and many more.
Still, we should mention that the CM13 ROM we’re talking about is an unofficial build, but you can use it on your daily driver if you’re OK with a couple of features not working:
- Laser auto-focus on the Moto G4 Plus
- SELinux Enforcing
- RIL on the single SIM variant
- potential Audio playback crashes
Warning & Requirement’s
- The CM13 ROM works just for the European variant of the Moto G4, XT1622, and the Indian variant of the Moto G4 Plus, XT1634. Don’t install it on other variants of these phones.
- The updating process will completely erase your data, so it’s recommended to perform a full backup before starting, in order to avoid any unpleasant situations.
- Follow the steps below precisely, in order to avoid totally damaging your phone.
- Make sure your battery level is above 60%. However, it’s advisable to start with a fully charged battery, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown.
Download CM13 ROM For Moto G4 / G4 Plus
Download Gapps File
Follow Step-By-Step Procedure To Install CM13 Marshmallow Based ROM on Moto G4/G4 Plus.
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery on your phone. If you already have one, skip this step.
Step 2: Download the CM13 ROM for Moto G4/G4 Plus and save it on your device.
Step 3: Download the Gapps file and save it on your device.
Step 4: Boot your device into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power button.
Step 5: You will now enter recovery mode. Create a Nandroid backup, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
Step 6: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and date. Swipe in order to confirm.
Step 7: Go to Install and locate the CM13 ROM zip file. Swipe in order to install it. Repeat this step for the Gapps file. Both processes should take a few minutes.
Step 8: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache again. Swipe in order to confirm.
Step 9: Reboot your device.
That’s it, you’re all done!
You have successfully installed the CM13 custom ROM on your Motorola Moto G4 or G4 Plus. If you have any questions about the process, feel free to ask us, using the comments section below!