Be the first one among your friends to have the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on your Mi 3 and Mi 4 phones. The unofficial AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Mi 3 and Mi 4 is already out. This one is the initial Oreo AOSP build and might lack some features but the Oreo is functioning really well and the developers are working really hard to make it better day by day.
You can Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Mi 3 and Mi 4 from the download section here. We also have provided a guide for installing Android Oreo on Mi 3 and Mi 4 here. The procedure is fairly simple and if you still have some queries, you can consult us in the comments.
- Ensure that your device is pre-rooted and already running TWRP recovery.
- Make a backup of your data to avoid data losses during the installation.
- The AOSP 8.0 Oreo update provided here is only for Mi3 and Mi4, hence do not try this on another device.
- Charge your Mi3 or Mi4 device to at least 50% to avoid accidental shutdowns.
Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Mi 3 and Mi 4
Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 – Download
Android 8.0 Gapps For Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 – Download
Magisk for Mi3/Mi4 – Download
Install Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Mi 3 and Mi 4
- First, download and install a custom recovery.
- Download the Android 8.0 Oeo ROM and Gapps from above on your Mi 3/4
- Now Boot your Mi into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down+Power Button“
- Then make a Nandroid backup of your data for a more secure side, in the event that anything turns out badly.
- Now do a Factory Reset by navigating to Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System, and swipe to affirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and find the downloaded ROM file and swipe to Install. After the procedure finishes, Flash the GApps file.
- Now Flash the SuperSu/Magisk zip on your device.
- Lastly, wipe cache and Dalvik cache again and Reboot.