As we all know that Android 8.0 Oreo has officially launched a few days back, our expectation from our mobile companies increases that they would provide OTA update as soon as possible. But wait, this is not the case with every mobile user. Now, if you can’t wait to taste Oreo in your mobile, then you must go for the Android Oreo Pixel Launcher 2.1, which is now available for both Rooted and Non-Rooted devices.
One thing to notice here is, Android Oreo Pixel Launcher 2.1 is a Launcher like Nova Launcher, Action Launcher 3 or any other launcher. And hence, this launcher wouldn’t change your ROM, I mean, your device would still run on whatever Android it’s running on, but its look & feel and some feature would change.
Android Oreo Pixel Launcher 2.1 Features:
- Notification Dots, which is the major feature of Android Oreo, comes with this launcher. There is a multi color option so that your dots look more attractive.
- Google Pixel Pill and Date and Weather support
- Smoother transitions
- Google Calendar App icon comes with current date (like original app)
- Traditional Google Now Feed on the left swipe
- App Searching More Fast and Accurate, also an option to search directly on Google Play.
- This launcher is only for those devices which are running on Android 5.0 or advance. So, if you use a device which runs on Android KitKat (4.4) or earlier, then this launcher is not for you.
- No data loss would happen while installing or using this launcher.
- This launcher can work smoothly in both Rooted and Non-Rooted devices.
- No third party app is required to install this launcher, however, you may require some third party app to support some of its features.
Download Android Oreo Pixel Launcher 2.1
Once you are done reading everything, you must have understood what I am talking about and what changes it could bring. Now, please follow the below points to install this launcher on your device, which is running on Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat.
Steps To Install Android Oreo Pixel Launcher 2.1
- First, Download the Android Oreo Pixel Launcher 2.1 APK file from above.
- Once you are done, just copy the file in your phone (ignore this step if you have downloaded the file on the phone itself).
- Now, go to Settings > Security. Scroll down to the “Device Administration” section and enable the “Unknown Sources”. It allows installation of third party apps.
- Now, go the folder where APK file is saved. Double click on the APK file to start the installation process.
- Wait for few seconds, until the window shows “Done”.
- Press the home button to change the launcher. In some devices, there is an option called “Home” in Settings, from where you can select your default launcher.
Enjoy the Android Oreo Pixel Launcher on your device.